Bonfiglio/27th dispute

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

no need to apologize to DCA...they left for Rochester. that says all you need to know

Yeah know that part of PA from going to family reunions further north. Great area to be FROM (IOW not living there anymore). 😨

On 2/22/2022 at 9:28 PM, Patte Blake said:

Hmmmm, let me see.  I gave the Bonfiglio Foundation $500 on behalf of the 27th Lancers which we had earmarked for a scholarship fund.

This was done at the 2012 reunion where hundreds of alumni were present. So how can you claim that you didn't know what was going on? 

On 2/23/2022 at 6:06 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Something that occurred to me: Last season, Hope and I were able to arrange a 100% sponsorship of an economically underserved Bluecoats member. I think it was $4500. The administrative cost? Zero dollars. 

How is that $4500 divided up in the financials? Transportation - food - instruments - uniforms - and salaries for the staff and management. Don't be lulled into thinking that 100% of your generous donation was not used where needed.

49 minutes ago, BitterDCIFan said:

This was done at the 2012 reunion where hundreds of alumni were present. So how can you claim that you didn't know what was going on? 

Nm….

Edited by JimF-LowBari

6 hours ago, BitterDCIFan said:

well Jim, that was 10 years ago. 

6 hours ago, BitterDCIFan said:

How is that $4500 divided up in the financials? Transportation - food - instruments - uniforms - and salaries for the staff and management. Don't be lulled into thinking that 100% of your generous donation was not used where needed.

well it paid for most of a kids summer. thats well spent eh Jim?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, BitterDCIFan said:

It was given as a designated gift to one specific individual. Not for fuel, not for staff salaries … it was to one specific person. How do I know? Because that was a condition of the gift. It was 100% given to one individual member who was an an economically underserved person of color, and the organization that funded the gift received a letter of thanks from the individual. And I followed up on every stage of the process. There are DCP members here who know it happened exactly as I have described. And know what? No one has so much as bought Hope or me a drink, which is cool by us because we never expected it. That’s how I know. But please keep trying to undermine me, Jim.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

It was given as a designated gift to one specific individual. Not for fuel, not for staff salaries … it was to one specific person. How do I know? Because that was a condition of the gift. It was 100% given to one individual member who was an an economically underserved person of color, and the organization that funded the gift received a letter of thanks from the individual. And I followed up on every stage of the process. There are DCP members here who know it happened exactly as I have described. And know what? No one has so much as bought Hope or me a drink. That’s how I know. But please keep trying to undermine me, Jim. This is perversely kind of fun for me. 

I’m still friends with almost all the kids I’ve sponsored. I gave the money directly to the kid to pay his or her fees, though. I’ve become pretty cynical about where my money goes after being treated like crap by people in this activity more than a few times.

And if you knew @Jurassic Lancerand I do, Hope and he do everything they do for the members from their hearts.  And to question them about this unselfish act, is ridiculous.

I now give the money I used to drum corps to the Tunnel to Towers foundation in honor of all the members of my family who served in the military.  I feel really great about it, too.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, BitterDCIFan said:

You, in totality, completely missed the point of Jurassic Lancer's post about his sponsorship of a student.  Reading comprehension is important.  Sometimes a point is missed due to lack of effort, a misunderstanding, or when confronted with a truth or fact that is not in one's favor.    🤦‍♂️     

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

It was given as a designated gift to one specific individual. Not for fuel, not for staff salaries … it was to one specific person. How do I know? Because that was a condition of the gift. It was 100% given to one individual member who was an an economically underserved person of color, and the organization that funded the gift received a letter of thanks from the individual. And I followed up on every stage of the process. There are DCP members here who know it happened exactly as I have described. And know what? No one has so much as bought Hope or me a drink, which is cool by us because we never expected it. That’s how I know. But please keep trying to undermine me, Jim.

I’ll buy you a drink. Like old fashioneds?