The Cavaliers 2022

11 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

My initial viewing, I felt this way. It has gotten a lot better though-. That being said,  I do feel their programming needs more  to crack the top 4, even 5 maybe right now.  I could say that about a few more corps too.

This is how I feel about their show this year too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

I do love their music and brass.They definitely hold much of my interest in the show.  

There are several moments, but there are a few moments that aren't there or where I just don't care for things.

The pendulum section of the show is the highlight of the show for me.

I'm worried that the smaller guard is going to hurt them at finals, especially with guard being worth so much of the score through caption bleed. The guard is fine, but the size is smaller than other corps around them.

I'm not crazy about the drill, but that's relative to the beast of drill they've had during the past 40 years...

Brass is great playing, but the writing seems dense to me.  Sadly, I need to process the show, and maybe it will grow on me more over time. 2019 was such a masterpiece, and this show doesn't speak to me nearly as much, so...

• Like 1

I'll have a more in-depth critical review in the very near future but my last viewing saw a big improvement in music G.E. (From my point of view), so I still hold out hope for their finals performance.

I'm sure its just me but it seems like the current drill designer didn't appreciate the work done during the championship years. I wish they'd immolate their previous drill work as the only corp. who came close to them were the Cadets.  

Edited by Phantombari1

9 minutes ago, Phantombari1 said:

I'll have a more in-depth critical review in the very near future but my last viewing saw a big improvement in music G.E. (From my point of view), so I still hold out hope for their finals performance.

I'm sure its just me but it seems like the current drill designer didn't appreciate the work done during the championship years. I wish they'd immolate their previous drill work as the only corp. who came close to them were the Cadets.  

Never been a fan of Hinshaw. Especially 2012. Was surprised when they brought him back. If I could make one change with the design team….he would be it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

There are several moments, but there are a few moments that aren't there or where I just don't care for things.

The pendulum section of the show is the highlight of the show for me.

I'm worried that the smaller guard is going to hurt them at finals, especially with guard being worth so much of the score through caption bleed. The guard is fine, but the size is smaller than other corps around them.

I'm not crazy about the drill, but that's relative to the beast of drill they've had during the past 40 years...

Brass is great playing, but the writing seems dense to me.  Sadly, I need to process the show, and maybe it will grow on me more over time. 2019 was such a masterpiece, and this show doesn't speak to me nearly as much, so...

What I gave heard is that with almost all guards being coed, it is harder to recruit more guard members. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forevergreen said:

What I gave heard is that with almost all guards being coed, it is harder to recruit more guard members. 

Maybe the Cavaliers show have a Winterguard? ....to develop young guard talent?

Hmmm

1 hour ago, Forevergreen said:

My initial viewing, I felt this way. It has gotten a lot better though-. That being said,  I do feel their programming needs more  to crack the top 4, even 5 maybe right now.  I could say that about a few more corps too.

I don’t think they’ll crack top 4 but honestly, I’m just excited that they, Cadets, and PR are all providing great “comeback” shows in a year that’s also seeing Boston and Crown on their A-game. I think it’s shaping up to be a really special top 8 this year and even if Cavs got 8th, it’d be a proud 8. I do think this show has something, though, and that cleaning will get them far. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Spoilers folks.... spoilers 

Interesting point on spoilers...just like 2019, when you see the Finals Show, there are MAJOR differences from their first night in Fresno in 2019. Same is coming here...I've got it on really good authority that will certainly remain unnamed. Point being...when the season is over...if you'd like me to send you files from through the season, I will...because what they're doing now won't all be there come Indy...and what they do in Indy ain't all happening now... 🙂 

• Like 2