The Cavaliers 2022

29 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Don’t expect them to act like Crownies if they don’t achieve all their expectations. 

Omg…lol. I was thinking that but didn’t want to say it. Although, I don’t think this anymore about Crown fans. But back circa 2009-2012, you’d better watch your back if you misspoke lol. And if they knew you were a BD fan……..ooooooooooo.

IMHO, once they won in 2013 it calmed down a lot. Maybe it was the hunger for a championship. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Okay…whatever you say.  I’m turning into the world’s biggest Boston fan because of all of this piling on in just about every thread so congratulations everyone. 

I’ve never quite understood the plight of the contrarian to be honest 

13 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Omg…lol. I was thinking that but didn’t want to say it. Although, I don’t think this anymore about Crown fans. But back circa 2009-2012, you’d better watch your back if you misspoke lol. And if they knew you were a BD fan……..ooooooooooo.

IMHO, once they won in 2013 it calmed down a lot. Maybe it was the hunger for a championship. 

Calmed down? 🤔

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

... I’m going to wait on any doom and gloom until Allentown if it’s needed. I’ve seen corps, including the Cavaliers (2011), the Cadets many years, out of the gate clean as all and drop 2 or 3 spots come finals. I’ve also seen corps start the season in 5th and finish in the top two. There’s a lot of season left.

Honestly I would not look at it as doom and gloom. The Cavaliers are certainly very good and will be outstanding by season's end. Fans will love the show. Don't let the scores get to you. I agree that the size of the guard is not the issue, not unless the judges have some unwritten rule about guard size. Now quality of execution or the content could be part of the issue but I am not a good judge of guard. 

You and I both know that scoring in DCI is very subjective, especially in Visual Analysis and overall GE. The best thing for the Cavaliers to do right now is clean clean clean. The musical issues I think they are having are mostly in construction of the book so if they do any editing/re-writing it should be musical passages first.  The brass and percussion are talented performers and can fix those things faster than re-writing tons of drill. Just my opinion but the music needs to pop a bit more in the biggest moments of the show. Perhaps more clarity and more development to the climax moments. But again I will not pretend to know what their designers and writers know. 

And yes, many corps sitting in 5th or 6th have locked things in near season's end and jumped some spots. As always in a competitive activity so much depends on what the other corps are doing and what their strengths are. One of the benchmarks of the Concord Blue Devils for decades has been to clean clean clean and be strong in the performance captions. This way even if your visual or GE isn't what you were hoping for you have that foundation to sit on and you can make adjustments that, even if they don't fully pan out like you want them to, your caption strength will push the more subjective captions a bit higher. 

• Thanks 1

I'm going to apologize for the, well, the over analytical posts. I opened up my copy of Building the Green Machine and read the part where the original head quarters burned down. I very scary situation that would have ended a lot of corps. I'm happy that The Cavaliers fought on. Anyways, I apologize and let's put it like this.... I need a vacation. Basically working what feels like nonstop can get to ya sooner or later. I apologize yall.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I'm going to apologize for the, well, the over analytical posts. I opened up my copy of Building the Green Machine and read the part where the original head quarters burned down. I very scary situation that would have ended a lot of corps. I'm happy that The Cavaliers fought on. Anyways, I apologize and let's put it like this.... I need a vacation. Basically working what feels like nonstop can get to ya sooner or later. I apologize yall.

No worries, young man. Take some time away. We all need that. Gear up for Tomball. 

The BusBoys, Brian O'Neal - Boys Are Back in Town - Amazon.com Music

Edited by OldSnareDrummer
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

I think winning in 2013 changed quite a few things for Crown amid 2013 changed things for Bloo though to a lesser extent. Once both won, they were no longer the underdogs.

The worst years were 2009 and 2012. I could understand 2012. I actually thought they would have placed first at semi’s. Allentown and prelims you could sense the nerves but semi’s was a pretty confident performance. It got vicious at finals when scores were announced. 2009 was more wishful thinking, at least that’s what I thought at the time, though it was clear a title would be in the near future. 

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

I think winning in 2013 changed quite a few things for Crown amid 2013 changed things for Bloo though to a lesser extent. Once both won, they were no longer the underdogs.

The worst years were 2009 and 2012. I could understand 2012. I actually thought they would have placed first at semi’s. Allentown and prelims you could sense the nerves but semi’s was a pretty confident performance. It got vicious at finals when scores were announced. 2009 was more wishful thinking, at least that’s what I thought at the time, though it was clear a title would be in the near future. 

2012 I had tickets for Finals in the Crown block lol. Needless to say it was bad… as you said it was vicious. They were not happy and it was known by all around them…lol.

All the corps that have won championships are all elite not matter where they place today.  Winning multiple championships only belong to a select few...Those are the Elite of the Elite!

BD

Santa Clara

Cadets

Cavies

Phantom

Madison

Are the current top spots the new generation of Championship Corps. with multiple championships? Only time will tell.