The Cavaliers 2022

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Those are nice.  

I wish it had a bit more green, but I do agree they look very good if we’re using the rest of the 2022 uniforms as a standard 

• Like 2

I've seen Blue Devils. I've seen Santa Clara. I've seen Phantom. I've seen Cavaliers. I've seen Mandarins. 
I haven't seen Crown. Or Bluecoats. Or Boston. Will see them all in Detroit on Tuesday. 
So far, Blue Devils has fired the first "catch us if you can" shot. And so far I see nothing that has changed the "perennial top 6", with three of those corps obviously being evaluated at this point on their tradition of excellence but to be seen tomorrow night. 

I'm notoriously bad at "judging" percussion and guard, so I'm not going to comment. From what I've seen so far, the brass lines rank out (early) to me as: 

1. Blue Devils
2. Cavaliers
3. Santa Clara
4. Phantom
5. Mandarins

with Bluecoats, Crown, and BAC to be added to this evaluation tomorrow. 

The Cavaliers show opener for the brass line is aggressive. I like aggressive. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

I've seen Blue Devils. I've seen Santa Clara. I've seen Phantom. I've seen Cavaliers. I've seen Mandarins. 
I haven't seen Crown. Or Bluecoats. Or Boston. Will see them all in Detroit on Tuesday. 
So far, Blue Devils has fired the first "catch us if you can" shot. And so far I see nothing that has changed the "perennial top 6", with three of those corps obviously being evaluated at this point on their tradition of excellence but to be seen tomorrow night. 

I'm notoriously bad at "judging" percussion and guard, so I'm not going to comment. From what I've seen so far, the brass lines rank out (early) to me as: 

1. Blue Devils
2. Cavaliers
3. Santa Clara
4. Phantom
5. Mandarins

You’ll have to wait for Crown until Friday in Muncie. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

1. Blue Devils
2. Cavaliers
3. Santa Clara
4. Phantom
5. Mandarins

Bluecoats won't disappoint, and Crown sounds like Crown, so...

Based on what I've seen so far, I'd have to say Bluecoats and Crown followed closely by Cavaliers and Blue Devils.

25 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I showed the uniforms to a few coworkers and they loved them. Lol I'm turning them into Cavies fans.

Sweet Jesus, can you imagine that? 30 little Hook'Ems running around the office all in green suits, playing long rolls with pencils for drum sticks with arms a'flailing and blowing into the water cooler to make contra noises? 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Sweet Jesus, can you imagine that? 30 little Hook'Ems running around the office all in green suits, playing long rolls with pencils for drum sticks with arms a'flailing and blowing into the water cooler to make contra noises? 

I got about 10 of them to yell splooie

Lol!!

5 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

1. Blue Devils
2. Cavaliers
3. Santa Clara
4. Phantom
5. Mandarins

I've heard some mixed thoughts on BD. I obviously don't have an opinion yet, but you know..... I think it's amazing to say Caives have a shot.