If the DCI organization went away???

13 hours ago, neonjvlivs said:

hello! i’m the person that released the story about the battalion and i have yet to hear from them, and it’s been a month! 😞

This is the post the member made re Battalion:

Others have inspired me to speak out, so here i what i experienced being associated with the battalion the last few years.

trigger warnings for sexual assault/rape, sexual assault/rape of a minor, pedophilia, racism, antisemitism and transphobia

i was contracted for the 2018 battalion season as a high school junior-turned-senior (was about 16-17 years old at the time) where i had met both (redacted #1) and an older BTAL member. i couldn’t march in 2018 for personal reasons, but was close friends with (R1) and was dating this member (who was 19+ at the time). in this relationship with unnamed adult, he gave me 3 10mg edibles when i was at his apartment (where he was roommates with multiple battalion members) where he would later on **** me while i was barely conscious. this man, mind you, was literally 2.5 years older than me and in college, and i hadn’t even graduated high school yet. i would like to add that later on in the 2019 season he was in a relationship/cuddling with a minor (i think she was 16/17 at the time and he was a literal age out)!

anyways that ended shortly after and (R1) and i became better friends. he would ask me how my day was, console me when i would speak about bad things happening to me, and then ask for sexual favors or nudes. as i was easily manipulated giving past circumstances, i was manipulated into sending these photos. those later stopped for several months while he was off social media because of being charged and/or investigated for sexual assault of someone else. i was contracted for the 2019 battalion season and actually went along with it this time, where he then masturbated next to me when he though i was asleep. all of my spring training roommates were all sick and sleeping in the same room in our dorms one night for “fun” for context.

after this happened, we went on tour. there was another member, named (redacted #2), who had been reported to the battalion for blackmailing and soliciting a nonmember, and nothing was done. on our seattle free day (7/7/19), (R2) had been hitting on me all day (i was in her free day group because i had no one else to go with) and later on violently groped me in a store in front of total strangers. she would talk about how she was later going to send me nudes, and would continue to hit on me (despite being in a relationship herself). this harassment would continue for the rest of the season, and i would be forced to shower with her (we were both trans so we had separate shower times than the cis member, and she insisted!) several times despite my protests. she would make unsolicited comments on my body and appearance during these showers.

during this season i had received violent transphobic, antisemitic, and racist comments. a member would talk about how he was a “nazi” and would make holocaust jokes and antisemitic jokes anytime i was near him, making it a point to tell me that his “people” out “my people” in ovens during the holocaust. i was also called a k*ke (antisemitic slur for jews) multiple times. another member would make it a point to tell me how feminine i sounded and looked, would tell me i would never be a “real” man, and i would be taunted by groups of guys in the corps for not having a #####, having breasts, and having a separate shower time from the rest. the percussionists watching the showers for me would also make these comments. another group of members found out my deadname and birth gender the first week of spring training and made it a point to call me those the rest of the season. i would get invasive questions about my genitalia almost daily from so many members that i can’t even remember their names because it was so much.

the showers for trans people here, btw, were a nightmare. i would never have enough time to clean my horn due to only being able to shower the last 5 minutes of EPL, and when i WASN’T forced to shower with my assaulter, i would have other members SCREAM at me for “taking too long” or have staff or members literally walk in on me while i was showering. on our last show of the 2019 season i was forced to shower in the womens lockerroom before all of the women and could hear them SCREAMING at me and saying horrible things, so i literally took a one minute shower in freezing cold temps just so i wouldn’t be called awful things again.

i reported this to the director of battalion (november 2019), even having a phone call with her, where she stated that she would make a decision to either blacklist her or not and let me know. (R2) would follow me around at the BEX clinic (november 2019) and the BTAL colorado auditions (january 2020) trying to talk to me (where the director and other staff members and leadership knew about what she did to me). i would get emails upon emails from administration every time i spoke out about this abuse, telling me to retell my story so they could “fix” it despite me reporting this multiple times.

during this time, (R1) was harassing me for nude photos and sexual favors again. every time i would be upset, he would console me, and yet again the conversations would turn sexual. in august 2021 i told him flat out to apologize to me and the others he had hurt, and he did (poorly) and then later continued to ask and harass girls for nudes and sexual favors.

battalion needs a serious wake up call. too many members, past or present, actively participate in rape culture whether you like it or not. it is not “wholesome” or “safe” or “welcoming”. you guys allow way too much racism and queerphobia and bigotry in this corps to call yourselves a safe space for minorities. thank you to the others on this subreddit for making me feel comfortable posting this.

edit: if you’re a trans member and you are worried about how corps will accommodate for you (as a trans person) you should ALWAYS email the corps! if they get offended or beat around the bush trying to accommodate for you, that isn’t the corps for you! i have plenty of resources for many corps that i’ve asked around for so always feel free to dm me :)💕🏳️‍⚧️

11 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Others have inspired me to speak out, so here i what i experienced being associated with the battalion the last few years.

trigger warnings for sexual assault/rape, sexual assault/rape of a minor, pedophilia, racism, antisemitism and transphobia

i was contracted for the 2018 battalion season as a high school junior-turned-senior (was about 16-17 years old at the time) where i had met both (redacted #1) and an older BTAL member. i couldn’t march in 2018 for personal reasons, but was close friends with (R1) and was dating this member (who was 19+ at the time). in this relationship with unnamed adult, he gave me 3 10mg edibles when i was at his apartment (where he was roommates with multiple battalion members) where he would later on **** me while i was barely conscious. this man, mind you, was literally 2.5 years older than me and in college, and i hadn’t even graduated high school yet. i would like to add that later on in the 2019 season he was in a relationship/cuddling with a minor (i think she was 16/17 at the time and he was a literal age out)!

anyways that ended shortly after and (R1) and i became better friends. he would ask me how my day was, console me when i would speak about bad things happening to me, and then ask for sexual favors or nudes. as i was easily manipulated giving past circumstances, i was manipulated into sending these photos. those later stopped for several months while he was off social media because of being charged and/or investigated for sexual assault of someone else. i was contracted for the 2019 battalion season and actually went along with it this time, where he then masturbated next to me when he though i was asleep. all of my spring training roommates were all sick and sleeping in the same room in our dorms one night for “fun” for context.

after this happened, we went on tour. there was another member, named (redacted #2), who had been reported to the battalion for blackmailing and soliciting a nonmember, and nothing was done. on our seattle free day (7/7/19), (R2) had been hitting on me all day (i was in her free day group because i had no one else to go with) and later on violently groped me in a store in front of total strangers. she would talk about how she was later going to send me nudes, and would continue to hit on me (despite being in a relationship herself). this harassment would continue for the rest of the season, and i would be forced to shower with her (we were both trans so we had separate shower times than the cis member, and she insisted!) several times despite my protests. she would make unsolicited comments on my body and appearance during these showers.

during this season i had received violent transphobic, antisemitic, and racist comments. a member would talk about how he was a “nazi” and would make holocaust jokes and antisemitic jokes anytime i was near him, making it a point to tell me that his “people” out “my people” in ovens during the holocaust. i was also called a k*ke (antisemitic slur for jews) multiple times. another member would make it a point to tell me how feminine i sounded and looked, would tell me i would never be a “real” man, and i would be taunted by groups of guys in the corps for not having a #####, having breasts, and having a separate shower time from the rest. the percussionists watching the showers for me would also make these comments. another group of members found out my deadname and birth gender the first week of spring training and made it a point to call me those the rest of the season. i would get invasive questions about my genitalia almost daily from so many members that i can’t even remember their names because it was so much.

the showers for trans people here, btw, were a nightmare. i would never have enough time to clean my horn due to only being able to shower the last 5 minutes of EPL, and when i WASN’T forced to shower with my assaulter, i would have other members SCREAM at me for “taking too long” or have staff or members literally walk in on me while i was showering. on our last show of the 2019 season i was forced to shower in the womens lockerroom before all of the women and could hear them SCREAMING at me and saying horrible things, so i literally took a one minute shower in freezing cold temps just so i wouldn’t be called awful things again.

i reported this to the director of battalion (november 2019), even having a phone call with her, where she stated that she would make a decision to either blacklist her or not and let me know. (R2) would follow me around at the BEX clinic (november 2019) and the BTAL colorado auditions (january 2020) trying to talk to me (where the director and other staff members and leadership knew about what she did to me). i would get emails upon emails from administration every time i spoke out about this abuse, telling me to retell my story so they could “fix” it despite me reporting this multiple times.

during this time, (R1) was harassing me for nude photos and sexual favors again. every time i would be upset, he would console me, and yet again the conversations would turn sexual. in august 2021 i told him flat out to apologize to me and the others he had hurt, and he did (poorly) and then later continued to ask and harass girls for nudes and sexual favors.

battalion needs a serious wake up call. too many members, past or present, actively participate in rape culture whether you like it or not. it is not “wholesome” or “safe” or “welcoming”. you guys allow way too much racism and queerphobia and bigotry in this corps to call yourselves a safe space for minorities. thank you to the others on this subreddit for making me feel comfortable posting this.

edit: if you’re a trans member and you are worried about how corps will accommodate for you (as a trans person) you should ALWAYS email the corps! if they get offended or beat around the bush trying to accommodate for you, that isn’t the corps for you! i have plenty of resources for many corps that i’ve asked around for so always feel free to dm me 🙂💕🏳️‍⚧️

My jaw has dropped. Omg. 

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

My jaw has dropped. Omg. 

The drugging, sexual, & physical assaults/harassments described are nothing short of criminal.  That Battalion leadership could ignore this makes me question whether they should be in charge of a youth activity.

DCI (in general) & Battalion (specifically) - what is your response to these serious allegations (It has been some time since they were first posted - plenty of time to respond)?

If my child wanted to march at Battalion & I knew this kind of stuff was happening and apparently condoned by Battalion leadership there would be no way I would allow them to march there.  Hopefully parents are doing due diligence and will find these posts.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
punct.uation
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The drugging, sexual, & physical assaults/harassments described are nothing short of criminal.  That Battalion leadership could ignore this makes me question whether they should be in charge of a youth activity.

Shouldn’t be involved or near a youth activity let alone in charge.
My thoughts are what DCI has been told and what have they done or planning to do.(Sorry I didn’t read all of neonjvlivs post, got too sick to my stomach.) 

Has DCI ever taken action before things have hit the internet? 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

Don't these guys promote themselves as the "Christian" drum corps? My gosh, what a story. 

58 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Why does it always seem these kids go to the Internet instead of the police?  This person sounds emotionally troubled and, thus, an easy target for predators.  I feel for her/him(?).

5 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Why does it always seem these kids go to the Internet instead of the police?  This person sounds emotionally troubled and, thus, an easy target for predators.  I feel for her/him(?).

How do you know who else the member might have gone to? Or is this “they didn’t do it the right way so too bad for them”. 👎

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I don't know  - might be because when the situation is happening they feel isolated; Corps leadership won't listen to them, & they may fear that police will side with Corps management.  They are afraid what might happen to them once the police leave.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Better response: perhaps the corps didn’t do their #### job and tell the members what to do if they are abused. That includes who to go to. Was always a big part of my training. IOW if you don’t know who to report to, then it all goes down the crapper.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1