Drums Along The Waterfront (Buffalo)

I grew up 2 hours and some change from Indy.  We never went there aside from state band finals or basketball finals or ISSMA solo and ensemble competition.  People would say, "But there's the zoo!" and we'd be like Ft. Wayne's zoo is widely recognized as better.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 3:04 PM, crownisking said:

I don’t think Indy is a boring city necessarily…but it is a city that I can visit once and not feel the need to ever visit again. If that makes sense. 

Indy is by far the most sterile city I’ve ever been! Like a Green Acres nightmare for Stephan. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Buffalo 😬

I had a helluva good time in Denver, Boston, and Pasadena, though.  Lots of non-drum corps stuff to do.  Nothing wrong with Indy but it’s lost it’s luster for me.

Buffalo was fun before it got tougher to cross the border 

Fun fact.  When I was in college i got paid to be a runner from my college campus down to Indy to drop off a packet for a grant proposal.  The office paid me as a student worker for my time, covered my lunch, and provided the car.  So "drive down to Indy and get this to that office by noon.  Then get some lunch and drive back when you're done as long as you're back by 5." 

The office was right on the Circle so I had lunch there then drove back, cause...what else is there to do?    And...they'd just introduced the Peregrene Falcons to the city to hunt and control the pigeon population.  It was the HEIGHT of lunchtime excitement for folks in offices on the Circle to sit out at lunch and watch those falcons destroy pigeons in midair.  

That's how exciting Indy is for people who live and work there.

• Haha 1