FLO questions

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

Warning from DCI on scammers offering live streaming to DCI shows.

Text: 

It has been brought to our attention that a series of fraudulent social media posts have been created in an attempt to solicit fans of Drum Corps International’s performing ensembles to purchase discounted/alternative livestream access to a number of events. These posts are, in fact, part of an apparent phishing campaign and are not endorsed nor supported by DCI and its participating organizations. Although we will continue to diligently monitor our social media channels and will remove and block the offending posts, we want to make sure that our loyal supporters are not victimized by this scam.

FloMarching, a division of FloSports, is the only authorized site and portal for subscription-based streaming of 2022 DCI Tour events. Subscriptions can and should only be purchased through FloMarching.com. FloMarching does not conduct transactions over Facebook or other social media sites. A complete schedule of streaming events and subscription information can be found through dci.fan/WatchLive22.

https://www.facebook.com/100064763498349/posts/pfbid0S1cmb9KKN1EraQ2a6USfeNKNdrr6HBXemwqofrRXx2uaSh1Q7UZEUTRFQzYyMwZul/?d=n

With Flo's quality, it might be worth the risk to try a new service!  (I kid)  :spitting: 

Anyone clicking through to the "Drums Across Amerika" show should be a bit embarrassed about that...

I mean.  Obvious phishing is obvious.

Edited by KVG_DC

Well signed up and will watch live tonight on the bigger screen (for older eyes). Thought I hit a time warp as currently showing a horns and drums only smaller corps. Looked like DCA Class A. Nice sound and flowing drill without props in the way.

Turned out to be Colt Cadets. Will have to check for the non top corps as might be more to my liking.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well signed up and will watch live tonight on the bigger screen (for older eyes). Thought I hit a time warp as currently showing a horns and drums only smaller corps. Looked like DCA Class A. Nice sound and flowing drill without props in the way.

Turned out to be Colt Cadets. Will have to check for the non top corps as might be more to my liking.

Probably best to do it like that, i.e. start out small-Flo and work your way up. That way, by the time you get to the top 3 and your picture and sound are total crap, your frustration level be such that no jury in the world would convict you of any resulting action, physical or otherwise. 

I kid, of course. Enjoy it, Jim. When it's all said and done, the occasional frustration is worth seeing the activity at its best. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Probably best to do it like that, i.e. start out small-Flo and work your way up. That way, by the time you get to the top 3 and your picture and sound are total crap, your frustration level be such that no jury in the world would convict you of any resulting action, physical or otherwise. 

I kid, of course. Enjoy it, Jim. When it's all said and done, the occasional frustration is worth seeing the activity at its best. 

My background is starting in a corps that had been inactive. So saw a lot of smaller corps that didn’t have a lot of resources (re$ource$). Interesting to me to see how they handle the shortcomings. Seeing bunch of full size corps in a row with all the bells and whistles gets to be 😴

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 8:54 PM, skevinp said:

I’m wondering what my chances are of getting decent coverage in a hotel room, as I will likely be out of town much of the season.  

At home I did Wi-Fi to laptop then hdmi to tv, but I don’t know how good Wi-Fi will be in a hotel or whether the tv they use is likely to have hdmi connections.

i watched a little last weekend in Disney on the hotels wifi on my phone, and it worked well. i'm scared for Tuesday now

On 7/12/2022 at 7:27 AM, waliman4444 said:

FLO sucks!!!....Re-plays are a joke..For the money I'm paying I should at least expect a flawless production..And as someone stated earlier, the re-play should NOT be worse than the original broadcast..peace

that they show the replays at noon is a joke. they should be in the evening

• Thanks 2

On 7/12/2022 at 7:46 AM, Old Corps Guy said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Flo.  Some people have great success while others struggle.  Connections (both on-site and user) are part of the problem for "live" productions.  However, post-production is limited by many items such as sync rights, turn-around time and others.  It is all we have available to us.  That is why many of us only get it for the couple of months during the season and then dump it right after finals.

agreed....they have us by the balls. it's either deal with it ( and they rarely respond to online complaints anymore), or just don't buy it

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 8:52 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok going to sign up for Flo this weekend so I have time to cancel after Finals before the second month kicks in. Give me a chance to see 2022 version on DCI.

Has Flo released a MB schedule yet as all I can find is DCI. If anything want to see the all day MB show at Allentown that was covered in the past. This show had HS Bands and few college bands (including my Alma mater).

thanks in advance

Flo does a lot of USBands and some other regional circuits...i would imagine those schedules will get posted closer to the time

On 7/12/2022 at 10:29 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

Any easy way to see what bands are with what group? No idea about my HS or bands in my area. 

you'd have to go to the circuits website. locally i know Mechanicsburg, West Shore School District, West Perry and Susquehanna Twp are doing USBands...may be some others, i haven't looked too hard at their website. You may get some bands that come in just for certain shows too if it fits their schedule. 

• Thanks 1