FLO questions

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

that they show the replays at noon is a joke. they should be in the evening

I have a feeling they moved it to daytime based on previous years’ feedback. Last year, replays always played at the exact same time as the NEW show that was streaming, so then you’d have to catch the replay of THAT one. You’d constantly be behind by one show throughout the season. What I REALLY wish is that the live stream could be VOD for 24 hours. But I’m sure there are terrible sync rights logistics behind that. 

Edited by brassboy

8 hours ago, brassboy said:

What I REALLY wish is that the live stream could be VOD for 24 hours. But I’m sure there are terrible sync rights logistics behind that. 

That, and I think Flo's business model is that they don't do VOD or PPV (which holds true for all their sports).

From their main page:

FloSports is the innovator in live event streaming, giving you access to over 200,000 sports competitions live or on demand, with exclusive, behind-the-scenes coverage and original programming for over 25 different sports.

on demand is an option as long as they can afford it…sync rights for corps performances on demand are very expensive, so the fact that they have as many corps shows on demand right now with sound on their website as they do is a plus in my book.  

9 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

I see that BD has been added to VOD recently (at least from DATR)

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Thanks! I missed them Saturday night.

Logged in after your post & watched the Blue Devils.  Then the 'serpent' lured me to the Troopers video.  No sound... Why would I want to watch their performance with no sound? 

:grrr: 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Sad 1

On 7/2/2022 at 9:36 PM, frachel said:

Anyone watching on a Roku? My audio and video get out of sync after about 10 seconds. Stream will start, fine for 10 secdons and then the video will jump back about 3-4 seconds and from that point on the video is always behind the audio. If I hit "FF" it gives me the 'im doing something circles, resyncs, the does the same thing after 10 seconds.

Works fine from laptop, desktop, fire tv..  Unfortunately, the main place I want to watch is where the Roku is..

it worked fine in previous years. Their support has not been any help on the issue so just seeing if anyone else is experiencing something similar.

I got a new Roku Ultra (other one was a Roku 3, few years old) and there haven't been any issues. Even switched between them the other night during the same show and it was consistently bad on the 3, fine on the Ultra. Oh well, works now at least.