Corps at the Crest

2 minutes ago, oldsnare said:

Does anyone mind corps not having a full show. It seems they spend the first two weeks learning the end of shows, and then the next 4 weeks changing it. 

I don't think it's very professional. The corps don't care because they all do it. What about the paying customer. Don't they count for something?

They aren’t professionals. They are students. The “paying customer” is irrelevant. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, oldsnare said:

Does anyone mind corps not having a full show. It seems they spend the first two weeks learning the end of shows, and then the next 4 weeks changing it. 

I don't think it's very professional. The corps don't care because they all do it. What about the paying customer. Don't they count for something?

Eh. I file it under hazards of the job. 

As a corps, these kids are being asked to do way more than ever before. And as a result of the pandemic, a lot of them are newer to the activity, and many corps I'm certain are having to relearn how to rehearse and clean.

As an audience member, I feel like you should know there's a risk in attending an early show that the product you see may not be clean or even finished if you're very early. 

This is still an educational activity. Needs of the students go above the needs of the audience. 

Edited by g00fyg00ber
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, ThatGuy2900 said:

They aren’t professionals. They are students. The “paying customer” is irrelevant. 

If anything, the people on the field are the paying customers! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ThatGuy2900 said:

Wrong. The paying customer is not irrelevant. The paying customer is the most important part of this activity. Without us, there wouldn't be any shows.

While I'm fine with the drill and the guard work not being finished this early, I think it should be a requirement that the full show is played. It's hugely disappointing when you attend a show and don't get to hear the whole show.

Edited by queenanne_1536

11 minutes ago, g00fyg00ber said:

As a corps, these kids are being asked to do way more than ever before. And as a result of the pandemic, a lot of them are newer to the activity, and many corps I'm certain are having to relearn how to rehearse and clean.

And in 2018, the members of the Blue Devils were asked to do as much as the members of the Santa Clara Vanguard, yet Devils gave us a full show and Vanguard did not. 

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

And in 2018, the members of the Blue Devils were asked to do as much as the members of the Santa Clara Vanguard, yet Devils gave us a full show and Vanguard did not. 

No show is complete/full until August. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Wrong. The paying customer is not irrelevant. The paying customer is the most important part of this activity. Without us, there wouldn't be any shows.

While I'm fine with the drill and the guard work not being finished this early, I think it should be a requirement that the full show is played. It's hugely disappointing when you attend a show and don't get to hear the whole show.

Paying customers who buy green bananas don’t get to complain that they aren’t ripe yet, IMO.

And you also don’t pay for one corps. You pay for an entire night of corps. You can say this or that corps fielded an incomplete show. But you can’t really claim that you were treated to an incomplete night. You definitely got your money’s worth. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2