Tuesday, July 5th - MidCal Champions Showcase - Fresno, California

Just now, OldSnareDrummer said:

All of this after Flo announced all of their "improvements" for this year.  Geeeesh. 

To be fair I think FLO has done really well with the LIVE broadcasts. I think the video and sound have been excellent for the most part. But yes, they are having issues with the replays for some reason. 

Though at the moment my replay is looking and sounding great. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

To be fair I think FLO has done really well with the LIVE broadcasts. I think the video and sound have been excellent for the most part. But yes, they are having issues with the replays for some reason. 

Though at the moment my replay is looking and sounding great. 

It’s okay now but before…argh. 

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s okay now but before…argh. 

We need to let them know- send a tweet, email, etc. They'll work on it - they have to 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brassboy said:

To be fair to Jacob Collier, he’s much more than just “someone on YouTube.” 🙂

yep he’s on instagram too 😝

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

yep he’s on instagram too 😝

You are bad! You're also alright! I love your sense of humor!

Edited by jjeffeory
Can't type

Both SCV and BD are fun and amazing live compared to what the broadcast brings out.  The broadcast helps show things you cannot see close up or a higher angle but seeing the shows live is a different beast.  You don't see the audience jamming to SCV's percussion feature, fans ooohing, gasping in awe and shaking their heads at all the little moments BD is pulling off in their show.  It just comes across differently when you can see it in person.  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Both SCV and BD are fun and amazing live compared to what the broadcast brings out.  The broadcast helps show things you cannot see close up or a higher angle but seeing the shows live is a different beast.  You don't see the audience jamming to SCV's percussion feature, fans ooohing, gasping in awe and shaking their heads at all the little moments BD is pulling off in their show.  It just comes across differently when you can see it in person.  

This is why I can't wait until I get to see drum corps live again at the end of the month!  Going to 4 shows this year.  Most in a long time...

I've only seen them on FLO so far.  Looking forward to live this weekend.  I have only a few observations.

1. Gold is impressing me a lot.  Nice work guys.  Great to see the progress.

2. Mandarins seem to have survived the COVID break well.  Nice to see them continuing to grow.

3. SCV is clearly talented, but to me there is nothing in their show that it making me go "wow".  It's a bit concerning that the ending still isn't there.  And design wise, well, so far it isn't selling.  I'm a bit SCV fan so I hope this is just an artifact of FLO missing important things.

4. BD has not skipped a beat and looks super impressive.  I had them further ahead of SCV.  For the first time in a few years their horn section is really impressing me.  This is one of those years when I go "wow, that's s smokin horn line".  Very impressive this year and the entire show seems modern and refreshing.

Will be fun to see live.

• Like 1