Wednesday, July 13th ... “Corps Encore” … Stewart Stadium at Weber State University – Ogden, UTAH

5 minutes ago, KPinCAL said:

I’m sorry.  I don’t buy the SCV musical book at all.  Of all the good music out there you choose Nirvana.  And then you tie it into achieving ‘a state of Nirvana’.  Corny.  Bad music that doesn’t move the needle.  I expected much more after two years off.  These kids are so talented and they need better music to play 

ok don’t start a war, the Nirvana song is a classic

• Like 1

Santa Clara is incredibly talented and the caption strength is incredibly good in brass, percussion, and marching. I think there is more to come with guard and overall visual. The music is growing on me, especially from the ballad to the end of the show. Very nice. Sure hope the members stay healthy and can get those holes plugged in very soon. I still think SCV can be very competitive. Not sure about top 3, but I am not ruling it out just yet. 

• Like 4

I’m even more concerned about these SCV holes. By my count it was a couple more than 2 days ago…

Also.  early season i thought "this is they year someone else takes the Sanford" 

That might come to pass yet but SCV's percussion is not letting it go easily.   They sold me on their book tonight.

• Like 5

Is there a full list of SCV's repertoire somewhere? I know they mentioned a couple composers before, and the title obviously references the band Nirvana, but I'd like to know what they're actually playing.

Ok BK!  Pop the knee and have a great run!  [then get those plumes safe before the rain comes]

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

Such a big brass moment and I’m underwhelmed with the flags

also those props are kind of loud when moved. 

You don't hear it in the stands (I didn't when I saw the show in Sacramento). Flo's mics definitely pick up the sound though.

• Thanks 1

I love my SCV. Hoping for more…..there is always more. But I’m always a fan of their elegance and subtlety. Their aesthetic is so appealing to me, like no other. 

• Like 3