Friday, July 15th - “Show of Shows” … Boylan Central Catholic High School Stadium … Rockford, ILLINOIS

5 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

FYI, that field looks like really long grass.

I was thinking the same thing

That was my first viewing of the Scouts this season. I love the uniforms! And that’s about where it stops. Don’t get me wrong, those kids are performing well, but the show itself is not intriguing at all. I definitely would out Troopers above them. 

• Like 1

I love the Scouts and always have, but this show isn’t doing it for me.  I don’t get the concept from the music or drill. 

• Like 1

Felt like a good high school marching bands drill

• Like 1

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

Have they fixed some of the dead park and bark?

Nope. That really stood out to me. There is also an awful lot of small group features where the rest of the corps is marching to give an illusion of simultaneous responsibilities, but it's noticeable that's what they're doing. A whole lot of marching to your set, stopping to play a passage, then marching to the next set, wash rinse repeat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Madison sounds and looks fine, but I feel like it lost steam as it went on. For an anniversary show, I was hoping for some more of the classic Madison style in the 80s and 90s

• Like 1