Saturday, July 16th ... “Drums Along the Rockies” … Canvas Stadium at CSU – Fort Collins, COLORADO

This is so cute. BK at their home show among adorning fans. And shout out to New Belgium Brewery sponsor.

I may not love this particular show but I love BK. Fell in love with then at my firsr love show in Pittsburgh in 05.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, iPlaydaTuba said:

Was actually just thinking this is the roughest I’ve seen their guard and brass in years…

It was a rough run for their guard tonight (seems to be a theme across the board tonight for most groups) but that guard has strong content, I’m thinking they will clean up as they usually do. I think I will be holding out on the guard predictions until they are all indoors, but BD and Boston are still the top 2 in that category for me just based on content alone. Brass is seemingly the weak link, but they are certainly still top 5 in that too. BD was low in brass finals night in 19 and we all know it didn’t stop them from winning

• Like 1

Just now, 27Socal said:

BD needs a little more oomph in the last 15 seconds.   I have a feeling we'll see that down the road.

They will. That closer screams early season placeholder. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CAtenhut said:

Definitely do not. I think they have some Marilyn Manson "Beautiful People" in there tho. 

I thought I heard something different in there, but Marilyn Manson is awesome too!

19 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

BD's guard seemed to have a good run.  Didn't see any drops.   Not as technically perfect as some recent BD guards, but pretty close.

They are going for the super clean look by finals. Trying to be  just about perfect. But truly skipping out on the difficulty  that we see with Boston this season. It’s a choice and I wonder if the judges will reward it or not. I’m sure not which is the better way to go but the the devils dancing, movement and weapon work is very clean regardless. 

Edited by Den8uml
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

They are going for the super clean look by finals. Trying to be  just about perfect. But truly skipping out on the difficulty  that we see with Bluecoats and Boston this season. It’s a choice and I wonder if the judges will reward it or not. I’m sure not which is the better way to go but the the devils dancing, movement and weapon work is very clean regardless. 

Pretty sure the Bluecoats don’t have a full ensemble rifle feature…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok, so I love this Colorado crowd in general, but they lost it for Blue Devils. Wish BD would get the same love out in the Midwest.

• Like 1

Real intensity is now being generated by BD. The ending still needs more drive, which I’m sure it will eventually get. It doesn’t feel like the somewhat mismatched collection that it did a few weeks ago. The transitions are now really effective. And their performance professionalism is truly staggering with a basically all-rookie corps.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Pretty sure the Bluecoats don’t have a full ensemble rifle feature…

Only saw bluecoats once and I thought they had some really cool skills but I’ll be honest and retract that statement if you feel I was off. Need to see them again. I’ve seen boston and devils several times each and feel I was accurate about them. 

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 1

What can you say about the Blue Devils that hasn't already been said? Good gosh is that show AMAZING! They added some more musical tweaks to Moon River. Love the new flugel ad lib ending. And they made some nice changes to Cowboy Beebop (is that the title?). Man that tune was rocking tonight. That could easily tear the house down after that gorgeous ballad in Moon River. Closer is coming along as well. I think they will make some tweaks here too. 

Brass is just amazing top to bottom. Solos are stronger and more confident. The music is so much fun. Percussion is just on fire and totally into the show. Their showmanship and attention to all the details makes them so much fun to watch. 

Color guard is starting to ARRIVE. Still work to do but they are just on another level from most guards. The overall visual analysis of this program is maybe untouchable. Perhaps Bluecoats or Crown can come close. We will see. But this show is starting to click. 

I don't know what their score will be but I'd give that an 87. I am running out of adjectives on how much I like this show. Bluecoats also total BLOOOO me away tonight. I will need another read on Crown but for now I think in terms of the top tier units I think BD and BLOO are getting my vote. I love CROWN too. For now though I am still having a tough time seeing anyone beat the Blue Devils. What a show!!!!

• Like 8