PREDICTIONS FOR BROKEN ARROW

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

Yep those are two great scenarios. I think it’s likely scenario 2 with the caveat that Bluecoats are right there with BD, and Crown, Boston and SCV are the next three. I don’t think SCV is on an island by themselves. I think by seasons end the top 4 will be BD, Bluecoats, SCV and BAC. Crown’s visual design, IMO, is just several problems that make one big problem, and that’s going to really hold them back. It’s a shame, because their musical design and execution is truly spectacular. 

When’s the last time a corp that is currently in 1st place fell to 5th during championships?  I honestly can’t think of a year in the past 25ish years that’s happened.  Most of the time, the top 2 at this point remain top 2 in the end. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I prefer Summer Brass and Percussion Ensemble **and Guard. Big Guards....

Seems a tad long to fit on a patch 🤣

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NewArpege said:

When’s the last time a corp that is currently in 1st place fell to 5th during championships?  I honestly can’t think of a year in the past 25ish years that’s happened.  Most of the time, the top 2 at this point remain top 2 in the end. 

1990? practically yesterday

Cadets tried in 2015 - only one or two more stupid changes away!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I just didn't want to leave out the "gard".

16 minutes ago, boxingfred said:

Some of you think Cavies have been sitting around in Covid protocol like sick little puppies. NO, They are crushing it on the practice field. I have no idea how all these new judges  will score them but, your going to see a great show!

I noticed that the brass and percussion have been absolutely killing it in the arc, and I was iffy about the music book until last night.  

They are killing it at an elite level.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I was going to make it "Summer Outdoor Brass and Percussion Ensemble"  **and Guard, but that seemed too long for me.  Besides, there's room on the outside of a patch.

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

Yep those are two great scenarios. I think it’s likely scenario 2 with the caveat that Bluecoats are right there with BD, and Crown, Boston and SCV are the next three. I don’t think SCV is on an island by themselves. I think by seasons end the top 4 will be BD, Bluecoats, SCV and BAC. Crown’s visual design, IMO, is just several problems that make one big problem, and that’s going to really hold them back. It’s a shame, because their musical design and execution is truly spectacular. 

Ya, spot on. Kinda surprised more people don’t see what a top-tier show Bloo has! As for Crown’s visual… I genuinely like that Crown embraces excess, but I think there’s a way to do that while still being selective and judicious, and that’s largely missing for me right now. It feels like they used every single idea they had, rather than editing down to just their best ideas. And while I admire their choice to field a huge guard, man, the staging often feels like there’s more people on the field than they know what to do with.

Just wish they’d used the edit button more, is all. I’m wary of being down on Crown because I like the show and don’t want to seem overly negative to some of their fans. But it’s a weakness for me compared to their peers, for sure. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

But that wasn't what I was asking him. I was referring to why Lakers and Dodgers should get an asterisk next to their championships, but the Tampa teams don't. He admitted it was personal hatred for those teams. 

Oh I know, I was just jokingly pointing out a minor circumstantial difference haha  

8 hours ago, Poppycock said:

I predict one summer band camp aka band corps will win and another summer band camp will come in last! Also predict fans of each summer band camp will be disappointed and/or disgruntled regardless of the outcome. However, if DCP members come to a consensus with regards to placements, there’s no reason for the show to be held at all! And life will continue in one form or another. 

I really love this. … 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CAtenhut said:

It really wasn't just solely based on my personal hatred. The NFL still had a full schedule in 2020 and I don't follow the NHL. MLB and NBA had shortened seasons... especially the MLB where so much can change in a span of 162 games. Ok, back on subject. Go BD!!!!

Amen to that brother! Go BD!!!!