DCI Tomball.... I mean, Houston

There we got with Iowa as they come off. 

• Like 3

Have always been a huge Cavies fan, and I am certainly rooting for them this year, especially to catch up to their potential after a two-week bout with COVID.  I think that it is still taking time for the musical selections to meld together synchronously the way Cavies likes to do, and I think that their chops will come back. Still lots of power.  Some sound issues from Flo with the electronic too prominent at the beginning.  Screamers at the end more in tune and in ensemble!  Guard is having a much cleaner night than their other outings this past week, and starting to get some of the Cavies guard swagger that comes with the cleaning.  Musically, this performance is stronger than the others this week--they are getting their chops back. High soloist in ballad is still working to get full strength and control of his tone back--it will come!  Percussion seems tight tonight! Brass seems to be also regaining power, along with stamina, control and ensemble articulation.  I agree with others that have pointed out that the Cavies drill is "front and center" and tightly contained this year, which means it needs to be clean to be read and appreciated for any intricacies.  Tonight is the first night I felt like I started to see the beauty of the drill. Much stronger ending, although I foresee one more rewrite or twist to that before the end of the season.  I forgot to count how many holes they still have, probably from COVID, but noticed 3 at the end.  Overall, I think that this is their best performance since re-emerging from COVID. Thank you Cavies for following protocols, putting safety of MMs first, and for your perseverance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

To be able to watch instead of just sitting here waiting for scores.

I don't mind them between shows ... but why on earth do you make me watch them when I switch from the multi-cam to high-cam feed? Amateurism (or desperation).

Edited by jasgre2000
  • Like 1

Time to get the vape out

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1