DCI Tomball.... I mean, Houston

4 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

It seems like a lot of folks did not order tickets ahead of time and decided to attend at the last minute. That photo you posted is crazy. Those are seriously long lines. Were people waiting in line for Will Call, or was this simply a case of last minutes attendance waiting for tickets? 

All of the sections available online were definitely sold out, so there was probably some adjacent sections that opened up along with backfield, either way it’s not smart

15 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Traffic at UNT yesterday sucked, but at least once we got there, the lines to get in kept moving, even if they were long, took like 10 minutes or so to get in, I can’t imagine 2 hours😦

I didn’t have any issues this year but I got there like 2 hours early. I think traffic was to blame this year for fans getting to their seats late. In 2019, the venue was a little to blame. They were disorganized but they’re forgiven because that was probably their first ever marching band/drum corps event at that stadium. 

13 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Bluecoats have a stellar show. Not much to dislike. They grab your attention with a strong visual and musical show. They are still missing quite a few bodies and the drill and form structure is still quite dirty. Looking forward to seeing them at full strength. This is one of those shows that may peak closer to Finals, and that is not a bad thing. Of the top 5 corps I think Bloo has more dirt and more cleaning to do. Some of that is likely due to the missing spots on the field. But from a visual and GE perspective this is a show that can sky. Not sure if they can catch BD, but they can make a run for 2nd. Of course, so can Boston and Crown. But I believe Bluecoats will be heard from in the coming weeks. 

I think Vanguard will pass them come finals week. Like the show just too much stuff on the field. 

14 hours ago, squarepush said:

I don't think so. Unless it causes a week of no competition, the isolation of individuals that are sick seems to be what all the corps are doing. Every single one has a hole somewhere. Blue Stars only had 7 snares tonight for example. I think the judges are sensitive to that. 

Missing your center snare is a huge. Especially that one.

1 hour ago, DFA1970 said:

I think Vanguard will pass them come finals week. Like the show just too much stuff on the field. 

The only threat is Boston.

1 minute ago, DFA1970 said:

I am willing to wager 100 bucks that SCV will pass Coats come finals. I'm good for it. That is how confident I am. 

Love SCV. Percussion is giant. But their show just isn’t very interesting this year. GE will win out.

• Like 1

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Love SCV. Percussion is giant. But their show just isn’t very interesting this year. GE will win out.

So no bet. Ok.....I also said in 2017 that Cavies would pass Coats. And it's on here...probably at page 10,000. 

3 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

So no bet. Ok.....I also said in 2017 that Cavies would pass Coats. And it's on here...probably at page 10,000. 

No need. It’s possible.