DCI Tomball.... I mean, Houston

As for the scores: let’s all just sit back and enjoy the ride because I’m pretty sure we will witness history come August!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

So true. Feeling lucky as a Dallasite... I loved the western part of Texas so much, I kept going and ended up in Nuevo Mexico. Go figure. 😎

The furthest west I’ve been, also living in DFW has been… maybe midland? Once for a hs football game? At first it was San Antonio or Wichita Falls ‘cause those trips feel more tangible in my mind, but in any case, I just haven’t been out west at all!! It’s crazy that I haven’t been any further west thinking about it. Definitely have gone quite a long ways east too

• Sad 2

I'm assuming BD earned their score....sound cut out on Flo for the first 3rd of the show

• Like 1

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

I'm assuming BD earned their score....sound cut out on Flo for the first 3rd of the show

The high cam feed was fine for me.

3 minutes ago, Big Bird said:

Bluecoats need to clean to catch BD which I still think is possible over the next two weeks. They have a lot of room to grow. Just need to get healthy and get some rehearsal days in. I think Little Rock is where they can establish themselves as a title contender. Maybe that’s optimistic but I’m not losing hope in this corps to make a late season run 

But as Bloo cleans up, so will BD... but BD will always be ahead in content across all captions, so not likely Bloo will catch them. They're gonna be in a battle just to medal cuz Crown, Boston and SCV are also so good this year.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Bloo brass won’t be there until they get the kids back. They still looked to be missing at least six brass and their center snare. In all I think our medalists are going to be Bd, Crown and Bloo.

I hope I am wrong, but I think covid is going to make a large determination on medalists this year…seems like it is making inroads into these corps the longer they are on the road…

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

So true. Feeling lucky as a Dallasite... I loved the western part of Texas so much, I kept going and ended up in Nuevo Mexico. Go figure. 😎

Always ya'll Dallas folk! Glad you got lost in my neck of the woods 😉 El Paso really is more similar to New Mexico in culture and obviously heavily influenced by their sister city Juarez. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Maleguena1988 said:

I hope I am wrong, but I think covid is going to make a large determination on medalists this year…seems like it is making inroads into these corps the longer they are on the road…

Let's all hope the corps take extra precautionary measures starting the week before Indy to make sure their kids are all healthy. Seeing a corps get the bug like Cavies' did right before Indy would be heartbreaking.

7 minutes ago, Maleguena1988 said:

I don't think so. Unless it causes a week of no competition, the isolation of individuals that are sick seems to be what all the corps are doing. Every single one has a hole somewhere. Blue Stars only had 7 snares tonight for example. I think the judges are sensitive to that. 

9 minutes ago, Maleguena1988 said:

We should start to see how things will go after this weekend. A week in the TX heat draining everyone, plus such a large grouping in one place and an indoor venue. Coupled with cases exploding in general. I hope, Hope, hope they will be ok, but I’ve been 😬😬😬😬 about this weekend.