DCI Tomball.... I mean, Houston

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I feel awful for the first four or five groups in Houston wondering where the audience is. Between traffic and now the 2 hour line at the gate…. (Security must be extreme). At least a few thousand people out here waiting to get in… we are all outside. Worst wait in DCI history for me in 30 years.

It seems like a lot of folks did not order tickets ahead of time and decided to attend at the last minute. That photo you posted is crazy. Those are seriously long lines. Were people waiting in line for Will Call, or was this simply a case of last minutes attendance waiting for tickets? 

4 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

It seems like a lot of folks did not order tickets ahead of time and decided to attend at the last minute. That photo you posted is crazy. Those are seriously long lines. Were people waiting in line for Will Call, or was this simply a case of last minutes attendance waiting for tickets? 

Not sure but the poster sounded like this was the ticket entry line.  You could also see the headlights lined up on the side street coming into the stadium on the live stream.  We started getting backed up like this in Memphis which caused than to open another gate.  

10 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

Greg_Orangecounty--you said the same thing about BD in 2008. Phantom was 4th in San Antonio--look what happened. 

That is true. I think what he likely meant was that once Blue Devils grab a lead like this with a very good show they are difficult to beat. But yes, there are those years where BD has been surprised at the end. Phantom in 2008. Madison in 1988. I would not put it past Crown, Boston, or Bluecoats to get close to BD; and maybe one of them could pass them. If it was possible it will not happen until semis or finals. As of now I am not sure it's possible. But things can change. 

Edited by jwillis35

The competition with the 6 to 10 crop of corps is really exciting. The spreads with Cadets and BS were interesting. 

Cadets vs Blue Stars

MUSIC
Percussion - Cadets up by .6
Music Analysis - Cadets up by .7
Brass - Cadets up by . 2

VISUAL
Color Guard - Blue Stars by .1
Analysis - Cadets by 1.1 (a pretty big gap for this caption)
Proficiency - Blue Stars by . 1

GENERAL EFFECT
GE 1 - Blue Stars by .6
GE 2 - Blue Stars by .4

13 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

That is true. I think what he likely meant was that once Blue Devils grab a lead like this with a very good show they are difficult to beat. But yes, there are those years where BD has been surprised at the end. Phantom in 2008. Madison in 1988. I would not put it past Crown, Boston, or Bluecoats to get close to BD; and maybe one of them could pass them. If it was possible it will not happen until semis or finals. As of now I am not sure it's possible. But things can change. 

I think we can all agree, at this point, that anyone who DOES beat BD this season will have to bring their A+++ game, which is always what we all want. 

• Like 1

Last night was my first time seeing BD (via FLO) and I really like Moon River to the end more than the front half. I love their uniforms and that rich beautiful BD sound. The props could be better utilized or incorporated into the show but perhaps that will change before Indy. Their guard seems young this year but you can tell they're working hard to perform it at their highest level. They are definitely the front runner this year and it will be interesting to see how close anyone can get before finals.