DCI Tomball.... I mean, Houston

THE CADETS MARCH AND PLAY ON THE MOVE! That should be credited higher than only playing when standing still. Ever changing listening environments and simultaneous responsibilities are part of the sheet and they need to be rewarded rather than parking and playing! Period.

This sign meant something for the Cadets show in 1984 and it applies exactly for the same reasons this year!

295244576_10223501881509129_611090650068

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I'm back on my land in Huntsville. Yall.... I had some tears coming down my face during the show. I'm so dang proud of every corps and mostly The Cavaliers. Everyone won in my eyes! 

Also, I was doing some thinking about crowns show and I think the reason why I heard synth is because of where I was sitting. That closer is loud and powerful. Still not my glass of beer show wise, but there is no doubt about how good that hornline is. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, njthundrrd said:

THE CADETS MARCH AND PLAY ON THE MOVE! That should be credited higher than only playing when standing still. Ever changing listening environments and simultaneous responsibilities are part of the sheet and they need to be rewarded rather than parking and playing! Period.

This sign meant something for the Cadets show in 1984 and it applies exactly for the same reasons this year!

Honestly.... Cadets were my second favorite 🙂

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, njthundrrd said:

Do we want to challenge this because I can point out alot of standing and not moving

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jim Alberty said:

Don't know for sure....I've driven by it a few times and it just stuck with me ... rich Texan bought a new Caddy each year and buried it for hoots and snickers .... Texans - go figure .....97c5b405c12ab34cf2fbc8c41132897c5b4-scal

It’s called Cadillac Ranch near Amarillo and it’s been there since 74 and they were either dead or near dead cars. It’s an Art Installation and I can make no connection visually or metaphorically to why this is in BC’s show.  And the props are odd and obscure to me … 

• Thanks 1

Copied Facebook post: Did anyone experience these delays?  I noticed the line of cars on Flo coming to the stadium last night.  (Looked like the last scene from "Field of Dreams.)  But to endure this kind of delay to enter the stadium?

I feel awful for the first four or five groups in Houston wondering where the audience is. Between traffic and now the 2 hour line at the gate…. (Security must be extreme). At least a few thousand people out here waiting to get in… we are all outside. Worst wait in DCI history for me in 30 years.
May be an image of 3 people, people standing and outdoors

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Vacon3 said:

Just got home from the event. Man was it chaotic. I arrived right as Mandarines began their show, and the line to enter the stadium was stretched around to the back side of the field. Not sure what happened, but Ive never seen a huge delay to enter the stadium through the second performance group. 

BD- The talent seems next level in this group. Combine that with a really well conceived show, great training, and you have your winner. Guard was amazing. 

CC- These kids can play. I loooooove the first super fast section after the voice intro ends with the horns marching backwards (super difficult). And I thought the streamers were much more effective in person.

Bloo- Love their very creative and beautiful show. I also thought the message is good especially in this angry time in this country. I think the demand in this show drill will hold them back form the very top. But I really enjoyed seeing this in person. And Bloo definitely has a vibe all their own, which I love.

Cavies- I unfortunately think this is a down year for them. Im wondering if the design staff is different from the last several shows, because all the entertaining wit is missing. I also thought the staging is very cramped, especially for the guard. Great hornline though. 

Stars- I like this show much better live. The uniform/ costumes are beautiful in person, and it seems to be a really good year for this group. Excellent soloists, especially the Bari. 

Cadets- I missed the first part of this show, but they sound amazing, and the show is very entertaining. I love the part where they play to the backfield. Im happy to see this group is returning to form after all they've gone through. 

Mandarines- completely missed this show, and its one of my favorites of the season.

I was just so happy to be sitting in a packed stadium hearing these amazingly accomplished kids play their hearts out. Such a great night!!!

Drum corps is alive and well in Texas. Good! 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Mikah said:

No!  I've marched color guard since middle school but during concert season I played flute.  I've always hated Bach.  Flute-wise, I found his music to be simplistic and boring.  I might as well be playing scales.  

Well, don't hold that against Cavies this season!

• Haha 1