San Antonio Schedule Released

3 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

I agree but allowing Cavies to go on in the same block as the corps that are truly in the same tier will be a much better indication where they are than them getting a 13 ranking. It's not the end of the World.

I've been told by many posters that performance order does not matter.  BD went on first many times in Tour of Champion shows. Why should this be any different? Just saying. I'm not complaining. I'm glad they got a break actually.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

I agree but allowing Cavies to on in the same block as the corps that are truly in the same tier will be a much better indication where they are than them getting a 13 ranking. It's not the end of the World.

So the judges would not be capable of giving them their correct score, based on their performance, if they aren't pre grouped in their proper tier?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The rules apply except when they don’t.  
Some Corps are more equal than other Corps.  

Shows how much influence the Cavaliers have within DCI.  Bummer for Blue Knights, Colts and Phantom who all perform before a one hour dinner break. Cavaliers have five shows in six days next week so we will see if they can live up to everyone's expectations.  Time is now for them to us what they can do.

On one hand, I am happy DCI gave the Cavies a break for something truly out of their control. 

On the other hand, I truly believe show order does matter a little, but only for the corps at the very top around finals when numbers management gets dicey. That's more a flaw with the current judging system than anything else. Whether Cavies were earlier or not, I think they would have been scored similarly. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

On one hand, I am happy DCI gave the Cavies a break for something truly out of their control. 

On the other hand, I truly believe show order does matter a little, but only for the corps at the very top around finals when numbers management gets dicey. That's more a flaw with the current judging system than anything else. Whether Cavies were earlier or not, I think they would have been scored similarly. 

I agree, but I do think when there are 25 corps, judges are more challenged to score and gap the corps appropriately across the subcaptions, and having the Cavies go on 7 corps before where they are likely slotted would make it slightly more difficult. I'm not a judge, so I don't know for sure, but just my thought. 

8 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

At Broken Arrow this Tuesday,  Crown goes on before BAC, Cavaliers, SCV, BD, and Bloo.  We’ll see what happens.  But, I predict if Crown is anything lower than 2nd some of the more vocal Crown supporters will blame performance order.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

At Broken Arrow this Tuesday,  Crown goes on before BAC, Cavaliers, SCV, BD, and Bloo.  We’ll see what happens.  But, I predict if Crown is anything lower than 2nd some of the more vocal Crown supporters will blame performance order.  

You can count on that. Performance order does not matter right now when judges have so much room to work with. Once Finals rolls around, judges have that peak of 20 points to worry about, and that's when performance order can make a difference due to the need for numbers management. 

• Like 7

Just now, Cappybara said:

You can count on that. Performance order does not matter right now when judges have so much room to work with. Once Finals rolls around, judges have that peak of 20 points to worry about, and that's when performance order can make a difference due to the need for numbers management. 

Just remember when it happens that you heard it here first 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

But, I predict if Crown is anything lower than 2nd some of the more vocal Crown supporters will blame performance order.  

Oh that's going to happen! Some (Not all) Crown fans are already getting the pre-show excuses ready in case Broken Arrow doesn't go their way. Performance Order will be at the top guaranteed!

• Haha 4