San Antonio Schedule Released

10 hours ago, henry7184 said:

Every judge should be qualified enough to give a correct number to a said corps regardless of performance order.

I agree - you would think that in this day and age judges would have an email address where DCI and their Pageantry Leech Overlords could mail the correct numbers for any given night.  😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I agree - you would think that in this day and age judges would have an email address where DCI and their Pageantry Leech Overlords could mail the correct numbers for any given night.  😎

Oh come on; we all know that DCI takes a "Calvinistic Approach" to the corps placement in the end.  :whistle:

Now go home... :spitting:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I mean, yes. BUT they do hold down earlier corps numbers to leave space in the caption to delineate the later corps...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Oh come on; we all know that DCI takes a "Calvinistic Approach" to the corps placement in the end.  :whistle:

Amen.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Careful how loudly you say that, wouldn't want Oklahoma Baptist University Athletic Bands cancelling Broken Arrow. 😂

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Agreed, I think this is obviously a unique experience and DCI certainly doesn't want to punish an organization for doing the right thing for their members, given their situation.

It's exactly this!

Monte Mast is trying to do the right thing for the corps members and the organization, and he is doing his duty for the health and wellness of the other corps around him as well.  A LOT of thought and worry has gone into making the "right" decision. 

Honestly, I can imagine that there are other people who would have NOT put as much thought into the process and just had their corps march with 30 holes....

Edited by jjeffeory
Fixed a typo
  • Like 2

On 7/17/2022 at 3:39 PM, Cappybara said:

On one hand, I am happy DCI gave the Cavies a break for something truly out of their control. 

On the other hand, I truly believe show order does matter a little, but only for the corps at the very top around finals when numbers management gets dicey. That's more a flaw with the current judging system than anything else. Whether Cavies were earlier or not, I think they would have been scored similarly. 

What many do not know, is that the judges do not give their numbers at the end of each corps performance any more.  They have a tote/worksheet, but they can tweak and change their numbers, spreads, and positions throughout the show.  It's actually a good thing.  The judge can reflect at the end and tweak if need be.  They are not allowed to converse with others, and once they verify and do their final send on their device, that is the same as turning in their sheets.  I actually hate "seedings" of any kind, and prefer the corps drawing straws for position order...

My only opinion about that itinerary is Thank you for respecting my bedtime  🥰 with a side of hallelujah amen 

• Like 1