Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

46 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

We've done abstract well for decades. I happen to recall a particular 5th place-seating esoteric show in which JONZ carried us. 22 is in perfect lock step with our storied legacy.

I agree.  This particular version of abstract SCV has a lot less of a hook for me, and I am usually a big fan. 

28 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

pre DCI years...

' Hard to believe when we think about it too, that the Boston Crusaders finished 14th at this same San Antonio Regionals as recently as 4 competition seasons ago.   ( 2016 ). Amazing. Look at them now.

They placed 13th in San Antonio in 2016. Atlanta was where they placed 14th. While I know that since about 2009 some forward thinking alums, board members, and staff began solidifying the corps, and about 2014/15 you began hearing of big plans, the 13th in San Antonio followed by the 14th in Atlanta and the all too real chance of not making finals in 2016 played a huge role in why Boston Crusaders are where they are today. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, purenjoyment said:

A great year ! And won prelims at finals !

Actually, I believe the answer is 1970, VFW, Miami.

Mancini's Conquest, with Jimmy Centorino's solo riding on top...Sitting in the stands, I thought they had won, for sure. But then came the Troopers, and the circle, and the flashbulbs.

I would argue that this is the best corps Boston has had since then. I am especially happy for my pals Gino and Bentley.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Onionhead2 said:

Will things tighten up ?

yeah BD has less than 8 points to go

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, MBo1974 said:

I agree.  This particular version of abstract SCV has a lot less of a hook for me, and I am usually a big fan. 

Honestly think wearing all white uniforms was a big mistake. The show looks like a Babylon carryover, without the theme or props. Should have zagged IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Im gonna disagree with jeff on alot of his perc scores.

i'm not. first i wasnt there. second, he was

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Honestly, I don't have a problem with this top 12. 

I do. Troop should be in it

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, MBo1974 said:

Fair and same. I'm mustering my patience 'cause I don't feel entirely dissimilar as you.

I just keep reminding myself that SC is a slow burn. We always have been... but these cats are dealing with more factors that can take them out than we were. It will naturally take them longer to develop. And it seems the design staff is gradually adding things instead of presenting a full product early on. I remember how that goes... 💚❤️

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Honestly think wearing all white uniforms was a big mistake. The show looks like a Babylon carryover, without the theme or props. Should have zagged IMO.

I'm glad that Babylon isn't obscuring my view of 22. Had 18 and 22 been presented with more years between them, I don't think folks would have quite the same reaction to 22.

That said, I'm always in favor of a zag. That's all we did between the three years I marched.

• Like 1