Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

31 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Perhaps... if I knew what you were referring to... :laughing:

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

You do not know the can of worms you just opened….

I'm guessing scheherazadesghost made a bet in Vegas that this thread would go over 200 pages, and they were in danger of losing. 🤣

Edited by Barneveld
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Everyone here's nitpicking every single note a corps plays and arguing about who would win and then there's just me:

marge-i-just-think-theyre-neat.gif

There are literally thousands of years of Drum Corps experience in these discussions, and that leads to some strong opinions.  But it is fun to watch the new fans react as well.  

I know all the talk is at the top but congrats to Mandarins for topping Cavies tonight in what might be the first time ever. I don’t know if it will last but always good to see firsts in the activity and we got a couple of those tonight.  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I know all the talk is at the top but congrats to Mandarins for topping Cavies tonight in what might be the first time ever. I don’t know if it will last but always good to see firsts in the activity and we got a couple of those tonight.  

My partner and I were flabbergasted.

That said, I did catch Mandies from the sideline in Ft Collins and they're very powerful. Haven't seen Cavies live so I'm not sure I can begin to decipher the judges' rationale. You know I love me some Green Machine, but this battle is pretty cool to watch.

3 minutes ago, skevinp said:

So what is BAC’s goal now, to hold on to second, or to beat the Blue Devils?

It will be harder to hold on to 2nd.  JMO

2 hours ago, Poppycock said:

We were jumping up and down in the great room to hear BAC beat the Crownies. Ramon was doing the worm on the floor with Lucas pretending to whip him. Stephan was doing his version of tank cowboy. I was in complete drag 

Pics?

• Haha 3