Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

2 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

So he got dumped?  Thought they were getting married.  Shouldn't he go in peace since the relationship ended?  (See it?)  Should we get ready for restart of the Max Lucado quotes & Jesus references?  

I think Jesus got dumped around the same time as the threat of incarceration. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

My partner and I were flabbergasted.

That said, I did catch Mandies from the sideline in Ft Collins and they're very powerful. Haven't seen Cavies live so I'm not sure I can begin to decipher the judges' rationale. You know I love me some Green Machine, but this battle is pretty cool to watch.

You may not know this but Cavaliers had a huge Covid-19 outbreak in their ranks and had to do standstill shows of late. They are still in the early stages of cleaning their show. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

You may not know this but Cavaliers had a huge Covid-19 outbreak in their ranks and had to do standstill shows of late. They are still in the early stages of cleaning their show. 

Yes, Vanguard, too, is seeing delayed development of their show for similar reasons. I keep telling folks to be patient... many corps that are legacy top-ten place holders are in various stages of recovering from covid or injuries. Nice to see contender corps get the chance to fight them off!!!!!

Corps that were able to keep things the tightest re: covid will see early and continued pay off. Just hoping that corps aren't pushing kids back in too early. Better to march holes now than later.

Assuming it's done safely, the return of these corps to their full ranks and power makes for a lot of dark horses. Exciting.

Back on topic, the Southwest Championships were amazing.  I wish I was taking my 'normal trip' to the Southeast Championships at Mercedes Benz Stadium this weekend.  But I'll pass.  I think folks will be disappointed with the venue, the location, & the lack of 'conditioned dehumidified air'.   

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

You know why I love WGI? The fan favorite would be 9th place Zydeco or something, and nobody would complain or boo. We should be able to recognize that the best corps is rarely the crowd favorite - and that’s okay!

Well I hate to tell you sometimes the judges  get it wrong…. And that’s why the crowd reacts  the way they do to scores  and placements 

9 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Thanks Jeff. Yes, I had jettisoned from the activity by that point. So nothing came of it or....?

Search the archives here. There’s thousands of posts on the fallout 

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I wasn't going to say anything but since the G7 has been mentioned, I'll ask a question or two.  

1) Did anyone see the "leader" of the G7 in San Antonio last night? ⚠️ (His narcissism is on full display on social media musing his minions complete with a 'shout out' to his 'DCP haters'.)   

2) Did the Blue Devils win? 😁 (I'm liking their Ludwig drum sound but still disappointed in the Moon River arrangement.)

3) Can Crown clean all of that difficult drill? 🤔  (It will be incredible if they can execute.)

4) Was the San Antonio attendance of some 14,697 pretty good for a major regional? 🤠  (I think yes.)

Overall, I think it was an incredible night for the drum corps product considering the virus & the extreme heat.  We're now three weeks until Saturday, August 13th.  I think championship week will be "off the chain". 🐕    

For #1 how does one get a VIP pass? I thought only dci themselves distributed those