Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

38 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Since everyone knew Crown had swapped that in for the show, I was amused at the audible claps last night.  

We're the rootin-est tootin-est bunch around! OF COURSE THERE WERE CLAPS! I'da been the loudest among them. Texan audiences can be particularly fond of pandering. 🤠 We also dole out standing Os like they're going out of style, can't change that about us...

Fortunately in the case of Crown, both are perfect! Would've loved to have been a Texan MM on this leg of tour!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Sure.  I have all of these articles bookmarked but this one should get you up to speed:  https://www.mcall.com/news/police/mc-nws-george-hopkins-yea-sexual-assault-hearing-20200924-eo3p52o7bve4bot2e73pu2tuw4-story.html

So when did his 2-year probation end?  Or is he still in his 2-year probation?  Wouldn't he have to ask permission to travel out of state with his parol officer?  Maybe his parol just ended?  If he did ask permission, it was probably to visit his daughter. (As stated in his FB post)  But his occupation now is a writer, thinker, philosopher & drum corps critic.  🤷‍♂️  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, keystone3ply said:

So when did his 2-year probation end?  Or is he still in his 2-year probation?  Wouldn't he have to ask permission to travel out of state with his parol officer?  Maybe his parol just ended?  If he did ask permission, it was probably to visit his daughter. (As stated in his post)  But his occupation now is a writer, thinker, philosopher & drum corps critic.  🤷‍♂️  

The article is dated 9/24/20.  There have been no further updates that I have seen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The article is dated 9/24/20.  There have been no further updates that I have seen. 

Probation could have been completed thus his travel?  The judge could have included some previous "time served" to the 2 years.  I'll try to find the court documents when I get a chance. 

• Thanks 1

Back on topic YET AGAIN!

It’s amazing how many people showed up for this show. I enjoyed Crown’s pandering to the Texas crowd for these past couple of shows and wonder if they’ll continue to do so for future shows

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, jaylogan said:

Back on topic YET AGAIN!

It’s amazing how many people showed up for this show. I enjoyed Crown’s pandering to the Texas crowd for these past couple of shows and wonder if they’ll continue to do so for future shows

I wish there were more major NJ shows. I wanna hear some Springsteen!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jaylogan said:

Back on topic YET AGAIN!

My graduate studies focused on audience interaction. It's a really really really smart move on Crown's part. Think Meowolf.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jaylogan said:

Back on topic YET AGAIN!

14 minutes ago, Ediker said:

:offtopic:

Bringing us back to our first regional in almost three years(!), and the wonderful performances last night. 

Sorry guys, but I do think it's important & relevant to the thread that a former major "convicted" player in the drum corps world was in attendance at the San Antonio regional.  But I guess I'll be done now.  Carry on wayward sons...

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1