Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

1 minute ago, DCFAN said:

For this Block I have it: Phantom, Crossmen, Colts, Blue Knights, Troopers, and Madison. I also feel bad for Phantom they should have been going on after the dinner break.  

I’ve got Phantom, Colts, Crossmen, BK, Troop and Madison.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Somewhat. I don’t want them to pigeonhole themselves to one style of music. I’d rather them just develop their own unique identity and sound using a variety of different sources 

I just love classical music, and find it more interesting than a lot of original compositions we’ve been hearing lately. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Oop. One of the tables a bit out of line….my OCD was twitching 

At least one is always out of line

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Took my breath away!  Lump in throat and fist in the air at the end.  Thank you Regiment!

Same here

and I can’t wait to sit in the Allentown crowd for that one and three nights in Indy

2 hours ago, 27Socal said:

Academy has a bunch of holes.  About 7 horns, 2 snares, bass drum.  This situation could get real interesting during finals week.  Some corps may not achieve the level they expected.   Seems like time for everyone to go into bubble mode.

Make that 3 snares.  Also few missing from the 39 member Guard. "Holey Moley" so sad. Get Well Kiddos, I want to see you ALL Shine!

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Somewhat. I don’t want them to pigeonhole themselves to one style of music. I’d rather them just develop their own unique identity and sound using a variety of different sources 

They did it in this show, so that concern, while warranted, isn’t something I’d be too worried about. Although I’m definitely a proponent of a classical approach so don’t mind me haha

Just now, tedrick said:

Great show Phantom - 
my one quibble would be the lack of helmet - the corps would look so much more bad ### if they were in the helmet.

I so agree. I was picturing them in helmets the entire season every time they perform how great they would look with this show.

• Like 1

Out of that block, I’d say Phantom, Blue Knights, Crossmen, Troopers, Colts, Madison. Colts we’re just lower energy than I was hoping given the hype. Crossmen were ok. If it were my world, Troopers would be just behind phantom. They were still one of the most engaging performances of the day so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tedrick said:

Great show Phantom - 
my one quibble would be the lack of helmet - the corps would look so much more bad ### if they were in the helmet.

Agree. Thought Blue Knights shako was very effective. Maybe we will see Phantom add that for Indy !

• Like 3