A Popcorn Eater's Take on San Antonio

4 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Wow....what a show! It's been awhile since top to bottom has been that good. Just totally blown away. Thoughts...in order of impression. 

1. BOSTON! - Wow, do I owe the Crusaders a big MEA CULPA for my prediction that the Cavaliers would run them down after I saw both live in Detroit. Yes, I know the Cavaliers had a COVID outbreak...but BOSTON....well...just FREAKING WOW! I'll be the first to admit that I thought this was another year of hype without the back-up. I was WRONG! And I'll continue to take note over the next three weeks as Devils and Crown light their afterburners as well. CONGRATS! 

2. CADETS!  - I'm so happy to see the Cadets back knocking on the door to the Top 5! This show is fun, well executed, and a pleasure to watch. 

You know what? I'm going to stop there....everything else went just about as I expected. But congrats again to these two fine corps...one for breaking through the door and announcing that you're here for your medal. And to the other for putting all the "junk" behind and just getting stronger and stronger. 

But how was the Alamodome popcorn?  Plan on making the trip next year & stay on the Riverwalk. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since I used to teach in Texas (San Antonio and Austin) I have been to the Alamodome several times.  There are lots of places the eat around there, especially on the Riverwalk.  I recommend walking over to the old world's fair area and take a ride up the tower.  There is also an excellent Mexican food restaurant right by.  The Alamo is close by.  The missions are located south of the city.  

Terri - What year did you march Guardsmen?  I sent up a student to march rifle.  This was many years ago!  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

Since I used to teach in Texas (San Antonio and Austin) I have been to the Alamodome several times.  There are lots of places the eat around there, especially on the Riverwalk.  I recommend walking over to the old world's fair area and take a ride up the tower.  There is also an excellent Mexican food restaurant right by.  The Alamo is close by.  The missions are located south of the city.  

Terri - What year did you march Guardsmen?  I sent up a student to march rifle.  This was many years ago!  

76, 77, 78. 

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

But how was the Alamodome popcorn?  Plan on making the trip next year & stay on the Riverwalk. 🤔

I'm not there this year, maybe next, but sadly all my memories of Riverwalk are "blurry" - I'm sure the 4 (9?) margaritas had nothing to do with it... 😇

Edited by George Dixon
  • Haha 5