J MISSING

1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:

J. Missing is an alum of Phantom.

Of course.😎

Folks we have a winner!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kkrepps said:

Since I already confessed my ignorance about judges here, I have a burning question.  Are these judges actually getting around to all these places? 

I was at Nashua on Sunday and two of the judges listed (Raichle, Torchia) are listed at Mesquite, TX the next night.  So they judge a show in NH, hop a plane and go to TX for a show the next night?  Is that typical?

Yes; DCI will fly them to different locations as needed.  Sometimes there are judges available in some areas or in close proximity.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kkrepps said:

I'm so gullible!  I thought this was a real person until just now. 

BrooklynBridge_HamparianOpEd-e1589839318

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Of course.😎

2wh1th.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kkrepps said:

Since I already confessed my ignorance about judges here, I have a burning question.  Are these judges actually getting around to all these places? 

I was at Nashua on Sunday and two of the judges listed (Raichle, Torchia) are listed at Mesquite, TX the next night.  So they judge a show in NH, hop a plane and go to TX for a show the next night?  Is that typical?

Yes. 

• Like 1

Ok Pacific Crest....for Indy.

Since (I hope) the Shark will be no longer Resting In Peace but chomping across the field....

Change the Academy Tombstone to "J. Missing"

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

Who is this DCI JUDGE named "J Missing?" Never heard of them before! They seem to randomly show up on tour and can judge both music and visual. Did they march in Intermission or Couchmen?

best exposure to all of the corps on multiple captions all season long. definitely qualified for finals week, but probably not good if we seem them there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Of course.😎

I thought that it was Joe Bananas of Boston area fame in disguise.

He would show up to BAC rehearsals, EMASS corps rehearsals and various high school marching band rehearsals.

He always had his famous question at the ready: "How many horns you got?"

I last saw him in the late 90's / early 2000's, however I have read of sightings at Boston area high school band rehearsals since then.

With the number of rehearsals that he has watched over the years, he would most likely be way more than qualified to judge. Perhaps that is why so many world class corps increased their brass numbers this year......to make Joe happy and obtain a higher score. 🤔

Edited by ECJ94
Typo