Wednesday, July 27th ... “DCI Southern Mississippi” … M M Roberts Stadium Hattiesburg, MISSISSIPPI

37 minutes ago, legacy said:

I didn't realise this. Wonder whose opinions pgets weighted in those meetings... now I have to do some research. 

After the sheets were rewritten by group leading the charge (I think Cesario led that group), they were voted on by all the member corps at the time and unanimously approved. 

13 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Very true. If BD does take home silver, we can look forward to 2023 with excitement as BD fans.

The five times BD lost since 2008, they won the following seasons, and four of those seasons were undefeated, 1930, Cabaret Voltaire, Felliniesque and Metamorph. Ghostlight was the only champion that didn't go unbeaten.

If BAC slays the BD dragon.............for 2023 I am pushing all my chips to the middle for BD.

So why even watch anymore?  If this corps has it perfectly figured out with perfect execution and no one can beat them, why do any of it?  I know Drum Corps builds a ton of other beneficial traits, but at that point, why not consider another model?  It loses it's luster if the same team wins constantly. Hence the reason the superbowl winners get the worst draft pick.

20 hours ago, craiga said:

For the record,  I give us a 1 in 3 chance of getting past the Blue Devils at the end.  They have been a tremendous drum corps for decades.

But, if our friends from Concord do prevail, you'll hear no complaints from me.   No second guessing the judges, no disparagement of their show design or musical choices, and certainly no comments like they were slotted or benefitted from competitive inertia.

If BD wins, I know two things:

1. They were judged to be the best the night of finals.

2. Boston will return in 2023 for year 83.

BAC has long been my second favorite, and i have watched them coming on for years.  If they beat the Devils this year, I will applaud them. They will have earned it. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DCIat14 said:

So why even watch anymore?  If this corps has it perfectly figured out with perfect execution and no one can beat them, why do any of it?  I know Drum Corps builds a ton of other beneficial traits, but at that point, why not consider another model?  It loses it's luster if the same team wins constantly. Hence the reason the superbowl winners get the worst draft pick.

No one knows who will win in 2023. We don't even know who will win in two weeks at finals. BD is the favorite to win it all, but BAC is surging and rightfully so, and we haven't heard the last from Bloo, SCV, and Crown. Anything can happen. 

My point is simply that BD has earned the right to be favorites each year because of recent history. Until someone/s steps up and beats BD "Consistently" year in and year out, they are the favorites. Period.

Alabama doesn't win the college football championship every year. But until proven otherwise, they are favorites every season because of their model of consistency.

Instead of making a system where everyone wins and gets orange slices after every competition, how about everyone else (CONTINUE) to step their game up. And they have been. In the last 15 years, we have seen Crown rise, Bloo rise, now BAC is rising, Mandarins have a lot of momentum they built since 2017 and are solid legit finalist. It can be done when you put the work in and go earn it. 

I am not the biggest fan of Cam Newton, but he said something I totally agree with. NFL Defenders didn't like his Superman pose he did after scoring TDs..........Cam's response was "If you don't like it, then stop me from scoring TDs, and you won't have to see it, instead of taking the easy way out and trying to get some lame *** rule change that prevents me from celebrating cause you can't stop me."

If corps don't like BD winning all the time, then do something about it. Go beat them. Consistently. 

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2022 at 8:02 PM, Den8uml said:

Boston made several changes too 

Yeah a couple. They’re looking very good.