Saturday, July 30th .. 4:55 PM “DCI Southeastern Championship” …Center Parc Credit Union Stadium … Atlanta, GEORGIA

Just now, Liahona said:

20220730_222712

Probably the best visual effect season

• Like 1

Ok!  Guard staff have been working with the brass on that streamer section . It’s working much better with uniform motions.  Before people were using their wrist, elbow, or shoulder or whatever to create the flicks and it was causing visual dirt in them 

• Like 1

😬 percussion feature

The snare line saves it then it comes together...but the hornline playing with ribbon dancers drives me nuts.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

This guard will take BD's tonight.

I thought that, but they’re having an off night too - drops in places where they haven’t had them all season. Weapons seem cursed tonight……..

7 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Uh, yes they are. Young group of performers. Soloists have had some really off nights. Lots more ensemble tears in several shows. You can tell that it’s a young group. They’re not consistent. They’re incredible, but compared to the consistency we’ve seen from BD over the years, they’re all over the place.

Don't get me wrong, I’m a huge BD fan and they’re my absolute favorites… but I’m calling what I see/hear.

It’s a fairly objective take, and it’s apparent if you take a listen. Inconsistency doesn’t mean you’re sloppy in every case, more so for BD that what they’re doing is HARD AF

• Like 1

20220730_223158

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

They have got to get rid of more than half the "right here, right now." It's overkill.

Guard is AMAZING tonight.

I counted 20 "right here, right now" least week. Incredibly over the top.

• Like 2