Saturday, July 30th .. 4:55 PM “DCI Southeastern Championship” …Center Parc Credit Union Stadium … Atlanta, GEORGIA

8 minutes ago, spacewill said:

I get that, but I also don't see BD's content being that much harder than others, they do it well, but I think people are giving them too much credit on a hard show.  I feel Crown has harder riffs throughout and others have harder marching.  BD does it cleaner at this point but their content isn't mind blowing compared to others to warrant the huge GE difference they keep getting.  I also think they have parts of their show that are disjointed.  Don't get me wrong, I still see them as being #1 up to this point in the season, but I don't see them being unbeatable because I don't see the content of their show just being that much higher than others.

1. I think you’re way off.

2. Content isn’t just how challenging  a caption is. It’s showing off a variety of skills, creating a good product. If I wrote an English paper and used a thesaurus to make all of my words longer/more complicated, it doesn’t mean that the paper is a quality product. If the thing you’re doing is hard but doesn’t work, you’re not getting full credit.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Okay Phantom brass. That’s more like it. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

couldn't just add 6th for that .1 difference lol

updated. SO CLOSE I didn't even realize 

Interesting that Boston Crusaders wins Guard, Percussion, Visual and Music. Blue Devils wins GE and Carolina Crown wins Brass. Oh to be a fly on the wall in those drum corp after meetings with staff.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

Crazy scores!! I see one rogue GE judge. 😂

Good judge for Crown, at least.

Is GE 2 music or viz? 

• Like 1

Congrats BD on remaining undefeated!

congrats BAC on another big step forward -  the goal is in sight!

Congrats Crown on fighting back to 3rd!

congrats Bloo on discovering your fire - get healthy and max out this show!

Congrats SCV on unveiling this show and its glorious ending - now just do everything that @scheherazadesghostsays!

Congrats Blue Stars on winning so many fans and admirers tonight - keep pushing!

I came late to the party tonight so will catch up on replay tomorrow. 

Edited by lawdn
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, greg_orangecounty said:

BAC has the best guard, obviously,  but after them I don't know how you can distinguish. 

I will say that I do think that it’s safe to say they have a lock for the caption in finals. If they have another clean run tomorrow that’ll be 3 very strong runs consistently which would prove that they aren’t just having a few here and there. If BD can clean up their execution they will likely be the second. Crown and Bluecoats have the execution edge now, but that may only last for so long if BD can clean it up by finals week.