Saturday, July 30th .. 4:55 PM “DCI Southeastern Championship” …Center Parc Credit Union Stadium … Atlanta, GEORGIA

3 minutes ago, spacewill said:

BD does what they do well, but they also don't amp up the difficulty and don't mix hard marching with hard playing like others.  Everyone has an opinion of what makes hard content, but always standing still during your hardest of riffs or marching while others are doing challenging drill means your content isn't more difficult or on a different level than the other corps.

Oh my god… I’m sorry, I just can’t. Have a good night.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, MidWAmericanArts said:

Oh my god… I’m sorry, I just can’t. Have a good night.

Can't have a disagreement or civil discussion?  Seems like your problem.

Have a good one.

5 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

GE 2 is music. In this case I think it's Chris Hestin, who's also the chief judge for WGI percussion. So, drum guy (though a quick Google indicates he primarily judges GE on the DCI circuit).

Chris Hestin followed Colin McNutt at Glassmen, therefore he hates BAC and put them in 4th. 

I'm available to solve other crimes lmk...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

i hope Bloo can bounce back. whatever fire they had last night they need to relight because the judges did not like it tonight. i still thought it was great and i hope they can bounce back soon.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, MBo1974 said:

The fabric fits right into the intent of the RHRN ... coming straight from early season video interviews with the design team.

If you have to watch videos from the design team to understand the show, I’d argue the design isn’t very effective.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

Point taken. Phantasm was a violent dislike. I think I checked out emotionally after that. The past two years have certainly been refreshing.

I would have to agree, I wouldn’t say my dislike of any was violent, but then again, I can’t tell you ANYTHING about any of those three productions, and that is no bueno

6 minutes ago, Ashontheinternet said:

i dont want to come off like some kind of snarky know it all... i wasn't at the show... but, i don't get how Bloo fell so drastically all of the sudden? again i wasn't there and therfore can't judge the judges scores but i just am shocked at that jump from crown. good on crown for adjusting though. i can tell they did not like yesterday's placements.

I can’t speak to the scores but personally I’m not worried because as @DrumManTx said something really lit up for them once they got the new ending. I have a good feeling about them moving up.

Crown’s show is no slouch though! I’ve got some criticisms… but the stuff that works really, really, really works. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Ashontheinternet said:

i hope Bloo can bounce back. whatever fire they had last night they need to relight because the judges did not like it tonight. i still thought it was great and i hope they can bounce back soon.

They did nothing wrong. Bloo is a groove thing. If the judges want traditional drill and triple tonguing, they aren’t gonna like Bloo.

• Like 3