Saturday, July 30th .. 4:55 PM “DCI Southeastern Championship” …Center Parc Credit Union Stadium … Atlanta, GEORGIA

9 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Interesting analysis. I would think that the designers put these moves in so they would get credit from the judges, and even more credit when clean.  Is this something not on the sheets?

Unless the judges are trained in dance, know the terminology, it's hard to see to give the right feedback.

Yes they can award unison, but the movement layering is way more complex than that.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Box5Opinion said:

Interesting that Boston Crusaders wins Guard, Percussion, Visual and Music. Blue Devils wins GE and Carolina Crown wins Brass. Oh to be a fly on the wall in those drum corp after meetings with staff.  

Do they still do post-show critiques with Corps staff & judges?

3 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

1. I think you’re way off.

2. Content isn’t just how challenging  a caption is. It’s showing off a variety of skills, creating a good product. If I wrote an English paper and used a thesaurus to make all of my words longer/more complicated, it doesn’t mean that the paper is a quality product. If the thing you’re doing is hard but doesn’t work, you’re not getting full credit.

You're entitled to your opinion.  But if you wrote said paper, had a nice paragraph but then just had filler for a few paragraphs after and then had another nice paragraph then you still shouldn't get full credit.  BD does what they do well, but they also don't amp up the difficulty and don't mix hard marching with hard playing like others.  Everyone has an opinion of what makes hard content, but always standing still during your hardest of riffs or marching while others are doing challenging drill means your content isn't more difficult or on a different level than the other corps.  My take is BD does it well, but they don't put impossible shows on the field.  They just have a great design team.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, saxfreq1128 said:

Good judge for Crown, at least.

Is GE 2 music or viz? 

GE 2 is music. In this case I think it's Chris Hestin, who's also the chief judge for WGI percussion. So, drum guy (though a quick Google indicates he primarily judges GE on the DCI circuit).

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

The middle of the show makes no sense. None of it. The fabric, the big round blob, none of it makes sense to me. 

The fabric fits right into the intent of the RHRN ... coming straight from early season video interviews with the design team.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, lawdn said:

Hot take! SCV and others do really well in this this year. And horn player choreography has really come a long way. I am lazy and don’t know where to find the sheets, much less read them, but have you or anyone else?

Someone gave a link a few pages back.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Thanks 1

i dont want to come off like some kind of snarky know it all... i wasn't at the show... but, i don't get how Bloo fell so drastically all of the sudden? again i wasn't there and therfore can't judge the judges scores but i just am shocked at that jump from crown. good on crown for adjusting though. i can tell they did not like yesterday's placements.

6 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Crown is not 1st in GE content just as BD is not 4th in GE content. Talk about an outlier lol

No kidding. His scores don’t fall in line with what most other judges have said throughout the season. And then, looking at ordinals for content, he goes from Blue Devils to SCV to Phantom Regiment. That’s… unique.

• Like 2