Sunday, July 31st 5:15 PM “NightBEAT: The greatest show on Turf” … Truist Field at Wake Forest University Winston-Salem, NORTH CAROLINA

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

DCI 50th! Hahaha 🤣 the list of corps throughout the last 50 years who are no longer in existence number far more than those currently hanging on. 

C'mon, it's close. Only by 500 or so. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

DCI 50th! Hahaha 🤣 the list of corps throughout the last 50 years who are no longer in existence number far more than those currently hanging on. But one thing hasn’t changed and that is the championship goes through Concord! 

And people wonder why there are "haters"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DrumCorpsRelic said:

Sad Call! Hope the design team gets a raise. The Void, is a terrific PC tribute to DCI's 50th Anniversary, just in case you didn't realize it.  If that's the case you are forgiven. But this CorpsRelic suggest you read up on some DCI Corps history. Enjoy the rest of the show.

Yeah, Poppy! What do you know about drum corps history! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edit: I’ve been around forever, and I would not want to get into a drum corps history trivial pursuit contest with Poppy.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tim K said:

I would say that two months shy of my 60th birthday I am close to the dinosaur group. I have no problem with shows in a domed stadium, especially when I add up the price of airfare and the hotel. I also know of young people who have aged out recently that love outdoor venues.

Plus, a/c, no sunburn, I mostly avoid outdoor shows now.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

DCI 50th! Hahaha 🤣 the list of corps throughout the last 50 years who are no longer in existence number far more than those currently hanging on. But one thing hasn’t changed and that is the championship goes through Concord! 

Especially since 2007, besting Concord has been required of a champion. As much as I regret the years missed before reconnecting to DCI, it has been fun to learn about BD’s legacy during that time. But it is a grim tally indeed of lost corps in past 50 years. I am always rooting for the less well-situated corps to get stronger, as Mandies have. And yes, sometimes those corps need some tough love, which is where you come in!

Edited by lawdn
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I would say that two months shy of my 60th birthday I am close to the dinosaur group. I have no problem with shows in a domed stadium, especially when I add up the price of airfare and the hotel. I also know of young people who have aged out recently that love outdoor venues.

And you aren't who it's addressed to. It's the g bugle only calling it marching band group that says it shouldn't be in domes and new place every year. Domes guarantee a show and I doubt finals will be outside again unless it has to be. 

Also dinosaurs are cool let’s leave them out of this. Love when they attacked the annoying kids in Jurassic Park

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Dang how are yall this deep into arguing when there’s not even a show to watch … Pace yourselves at least, we’ve got 7 more hours to go 😭

oh, don't worry, we have STAMINA - it comes from marching through six-foot snow drifts in NE carrying our marching timpani 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1