Sunday, July 31st 5:15 PM “NightBEAT: The greatest show on Turf” … Truist Field at Wake Forest University Winston-Salem, NORTH CAROLINA

1 hour ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

In Indy, Boston will either pull a Crown 15 or Phantom 08. My fear for them is that they will let the energy on finals night make them make small mental errors, especially as a group that has never performed in a top 3 spot in finals. But then again, they could feed off the energy and pull off the run of their lives. Either way, it’ll be interesting to see how it plays out for sure.

Wow seven years on and this talk about Crown doing whatever finals night is still going on. The only thing that happened to Crown on finals night in 2015 is BD out performed them. 

We don't have to worry about Boston not being up to the task. If you have marched in a corps of this caliber you know that the training you go through is beyond physical, it's also mental. They will be ready and they will deliver, just as Crown delivered in 2015. Boston may get 2nd, but if they do it will be because BD was simply better on that given night.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Or skip the #### intermission when the weather is iffy.

It's sadly most-likely all about the $$$$$...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Yes.

Bloo's drumline scoring higher in content than BAC tonight? I'm a little confused by this, but I'm willing to look closer next time to see what I'm missing.

Mainly, front ensemble integration - tympani book is amazing, mallet line has some super-exposed features requiring impeccable technique, keytar I would guess is part of the front ensemble (I think?). I also think the battery book, while not as dense as BAC, has more nuanced dynamics in their phrases and polyrhythmic layers between different voices, as well as some difficult environmental timing demand. I would also guess (not certain) that they have more body movement vocabulary while playing. BAC content is crazy difficult as well though, especially with the density and intensity of the battery, and some judges have a preference for that kind of content.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Just now, henry7184 said:

Wow seven years on and this talk about Crown doing whatever finals night is still going on. The only thing that happened to Crown on finals night in 2015 is BD out performed them. 

We don't have to worry about Boston not being up to the task. If you have marched in a corps of this caliber you know that the training you go through is beyond physical, it's also mental. They will be ready and they will deliver, just as Crown delivered in 2015. Boston may get 2nd, but if they do it will be because BD was simply better on that given night.

I have no problem in saying that BD won 15 outright. That’s not the argument here. You cannot tell me that Crown did not have an off night at finals in 15. Just look at the drill of the guard block at the end of the closer. Comparing their semis run to their finals run is incredibly different. They were off. Which is why they almost dropped to 3rd. Yes BD outperformed them, that was clear before scores were even announced, but to say that Crown did not affect their own chances by having a lackluster run is wrong. Training or not, mistakes do happen. Crown 13 had it happen in the ballad when a trumpet player went to the wrong spot blatantly. Again, it could go either way. This could have a similar result to 2019 as far as we know. It’s going to be an interesting race to the end.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, snare_guy_83 said:

There hasn't been double PERCUSSION panel since 2017, so are they bringing it back this year and I totally missed it?

Good point. Forgot about that. You are correct, ie they went from  2 percussion panels to 1 after the 2017 season. For what its worth, the 2 percussion judges on Finals Night 2017 ( Romanowski, and Leitze ) had their top 6 percussion  rankings in identical order. 

Edited by Boss Anova

EDITORIAL: With my Humble Opinion. I've been following DCI since 1972. NOT NEWS TO ME! The Fix is in, and has been from the beginning. Proper, Consistent, Unbiased Judging and fair scoring is a Fallacy. There is too much $$$ talking from the Big Dawgs.  DCP'rs while often hated, lambasted, aren't afraid to speak the truth, naming names and constantly pointing out the inconsistency and specifically pointing out the "Too" influential judges causing other judges to perhaps Second guess themselves. You Think!? It's all in the Cards, problem is too many Joker's spoil the DCI Deck. 

In Closing, I must admit 2022 DCI Competitively is as exciting and as tight as I can ever recall. Shame the "TOP 15" can't be featured Saturday Night! And the Bottom 5 are quite impressive themselves. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

I have no problem in saying that BD won 15 outright. That’s not the argument here. You cannot tell me that Crown did not have an off night at finals in 15. Just look at the drill of the guard block at the end of the closer. Comparing their semis run to their finals run is incredibly different. They were off. Which is why they almost dropped to 3rd. Yes BD outperformed them, that was clear before scores were even announced, but to say that Crown did not affect their own chances by having a lackluster run is wrong. Training or not, mistakes do happen. Crown 13 had it happen in the ballad when a trumpet player went to the wrong spot blatantly. Again, it could go either way. This could have a similar result to 2019 as far as we know. It’s going to be an interesting race to the end.

Whatever happens, I like to think optimistically in that Boston will be ready, everyone for that matter will be ready and tear the house down in Indy, for those on the cusps of semis, finals, medal placements, they’ll be ready, and the chips’ll fall where they may👀

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Whatever happens, I like to think optimistically in that Boston will be ready, everyone for that matter will be ready and tear the house down in Indy, for those on the cusps of semis, finals, medal placements, they’ll be ready, and the chips’ll fall where they may👀

Absolutely. At the end of the day, they all deserve to go out there and have the runs of their lives and get as close to perfect as they can.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

They’ll be ready. 

• Like 2