Sunday, July 31st 5:15 PM “NightBEAT: The greatest show on Turf” … Truist Field at Wake Forest University Winston-Salem, NORTH CAROLINA

I'm really glad I made the decision to drop NightBEAT this year in Winston-Salem.  I've made the trip a couple of times from TN. Beautiful drive through the Smokies & you can stop for a visit to The Biltmore Estate in Asheville.  WF is a great venue & always a great crowd. Maybe next year, but there's always a weather concern for the long trips. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Believe Boston had a better run last evening. Consistency? 

Boston definitely had a better run Saturday than Sunday but it’s the first time I thought they “didn’t move forward.”  I expect having electronics issues didn’t help.  Just one “off” night I wouldn’t consider to be a consistency issue at this time.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

Boston definitely had a better run Saturday than Sunday but it’s the first time I thought they “didn’t move forward.”  I expect having electronics issues didn’t help.  Just one “off” night I wouldn’t consider to be a consistency issue at this time.

The raindrops could have been an issue, was it elec. problems, or just a stall to see if rain was going to get worse.

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I'm really glad I made the decision to drop NightBEAT this year in Winston-Salem.  I've made the trip a couple of times from TN. Beautiful drive through the Smokies & you can stop for a visit to The Biltmore Estate in Asheville.  WF is a great venue & always a great crowd. Maybe next year, but there's always a weather concern for the long trips. 

It’s a beautiful drive unless it’s raining like hell on 40.  I went to Charlotte from Gatlinburg in the 90’s.  Driving home was a nightmare. I know I’m a flat lander but still…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Onionhead2 said:

The raindrops could have been an issue, was it elec. problems, or just a stall to see if rain was going to get worse.

Not a stall.  They were working to get something resolved.  Not sure if it was on the synth and or soundboard end but they were working diligently.  I know some people thought there should have been a penalty but I don’t really see a reason for one.  I’ve never seen DCI be strict like WGI.

But, they just weren’t  quite at top form.  They were fantastic Saturday but last night didn’t seem to have the same energy and the brass I thought was a little off.  Still very good, just not as good as Saturday.  Wet field or props maybe created some hesitancy in the feet but me not being capable of judging visual (or anything really) heard it in the sound.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Wow Cadets, couldn't tell you had to scramble at all. Excellent work. That's professionalism right thur.

Cadets put on a great show, while they were performing, SCV was staged in the end zone, and the Corps yell out a loud war call. Very diss respectful , I like Santa Clara, but that’s not called for.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Onionhead2 said:

Cadets put on a great show, while they were performing, SCV was staged in the end zone, and the Corps yell out a loud war call. Very diss respectful , I like Santa Clara, but that’s not called for.

That's unfortunate. Haven't been involved in years so I can't speak for them.

You should send an email if truly concerned. They seem to be very receptive to feedback lately. They're a young corps with a new director so these sorts of boundary crosses are bound to happen.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

Not a stall.  They were working to get something resolved.  Not sure if it was on the synth and or soundboard end but they were working diligently.  I know some people thought there should have been a penalty but I don’t really see a reason for one.  I’ve never seen DCI be strict like WGI.

But, they just weren’t  quite at top form.  They were fantastic Saturday but last night didn’t seem to have the same energy and the brass I thought was a little off.  Still very good, just not as good as Saturday.  Wet field or props maybe created some hesitancy in the feet but me not being capable of judging visual (or anything really) heard it in the sound.

WGI is actually really nice at wiggle room.  Several 5 seconds over that they gave us as passingtime between groups