Sunday, July 31st 5:15 PM “NightBEAT: The greatest show on Turf” … Truist Field at Wake Forest University Winston-Salem, NORTH CAROLINA

9 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Whatever happens, I like to think optimistically in that Boston will be ready, everyone for that matter will be ready and tear the house down in Indy, for those on the cusps of semis, finals, medal placements, they’ll be ready, and the chips’ll fall where they may👀

And when the chips are down, the herd moves on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrummerParent said:

Not a stall.  They were working to get something resolved.  Not sure if it was on the synth and or soundboard end but they were working diligently.  I know some people thought there should have been a penalty but I don’t really see a reason for one.  I’ve never seen DCI be strict like WGI.

But, they just weren’t  quite at top form.  They were fantastic Saturday but last night didn’t seem to have the same energy and the brass I thought was a little off.  Still very good, just not as good as Saturday.  Wet field or props maybe created some hesitancy in the feet but me not being capable of judging visual (or anything really) heard it in the sound.

I agree completely, that was just a little hind sight, I saw them working frantically too, the energy of the show just seemed to go down slightly, I think we were all done with the thought of more rain.

51 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

That's unfortunate. Haven't been involved in years so I can't speak for them.

You should send an email if truly concerned. They seem to be very receptive to feedback lately. They're a young corps with a new director so these sorts of boundary crosses are bound to happen.

Are they the Corps with a 24 yr old director ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Double percussion panels will balance things out in Indy, (.... and any drizzle of rain during percussion performances while on the move wont be a factor as well ).

It’s not doubled. MA gets doubled now

3 hours ago, Onionhead2 said:

Are they the Corps with a 24 yr old director ?

No, but she's our first that isn't an alum in our entire history, heaven bless her. Everyone I've spoken to about her speaks very highly of her.

EDIT TO ADD: This was corrected further down in the thread by other alum. My bad.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Liahona said:

It's sadly most-likely all about the $$$$$...

I needed to get some caffeine in me cause it was getting late !!

Quick Nightbeat review

Moved to NC a couple weeks ago to the Triangle area.  The 90 minute drive to Winston-Salem was easy.  For some reason I expected the stadium to be larger.  We had tickets in section 8 row VV (about the 12 yard line).  With the curvature of the stadium, still good seats.  Big crowd!

Jersey Surf:   Fun show and probably perfect for the kiddos in the corps.  Percussion was larger than the horn line.

Pac Crest:  I enjoyed it, still a lot cleaning to do.  If there are callbacks to shows past in the music, I can't pick it out (except for Bloo's tilt)

Troopers:  What an amazing show.   So entertaining and got the crowd on its feet well before the final note.   I fear they have too many Covid holes to make a strong push for finals.   The celloist is awesome and well integrated (never thought I would say that about a drum copse show)

Crossmen:  Glad they settled on the same structure for the show.  Good idea in theory.  My oldest talked to one of the Drum Majors after the show and she said Nightbeat was the 2nd largest crowd they performed in front of.  Hope it makes finals.

Blue Knights:  A show called Vibe should have more of a vibe to it.   The members perform it well and you can tell they have the talent, but just a meh show.  

Colts:  I had a hard time getting to into the show earlier in the season but really enjoy it now and think they have a strong shot to make finals.  Love all the colors as the show progresses and nice use of the props being used as stages throughout the show

Cavies:  This show is growing and cleaning fast. Hopefully the corner tarps are gone for good.  Fun show.   the Tic-toc (frameworks callback is just fun)

Bloo:   Love this show.  So much fun and talent and so different.   The narration works for me (not so much for my wife).  The crowd ate up the keytarist number

Cadets:  The show is growing on me.   Did not like the narration earlier in the year, just seemd too monotone.   In person, it worked.   Cadets move like the Cadets of old.   The closer is pure Cadets. 

SCV:  Love the show, but one I will listen too much more than watch again.   The closer works so well.  Percussion is still so clean and good

BAC: It is an amazing show,but not one I love.   I see how it will be a top 2 show, but there will be many other shows I will listen to in the future.   (I will say the same about BD, even if I didn't get to see them in person).   Color guard is soo good, and I usually don't watch CG.   Seemed like the electronic issues pre-show impacted the performance last night.

Really bummed the late night sprinkles caused BD and Crown to not perform.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2