Sunday, July 31st 5:15 PM “NightBEAT: The greatest show on Turf” … Truist Field at Wake Forest University Winston-Salem, NORTH CAROLINA

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I struggle with Christian theology as central to any show.

That said, it's excellently designed and spectacularly achieved. Who doesn't love that? I still hope they take it this year.

Please don't flame me, BAC fans and circle. I've been very clear in other threads how much I admire this organization.

I don’t enjoy religious content in any show in all honesty. I just try to ignore it and just enjoy the playing, marching, and flag twirling, all of which BAC and SCV are extremely good at 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

I don’t enjoy religious content in any show in all honesty. I just try to ignore it and just enjoy the playing, marching, and flag twirling, all of which BAC and SCV are extremely good at 

Thanks for clarifying, Cappy. Yes. This.

I only just realized that this is what bugs me personally about both shows last night. So I thought I'd voice it to the community. But both corps do such an inspired job with them that I can also easily enjoy them despite my personal preference. Besides the high-achieving MMs have no call on theme, so they're just doing what they're told.

No need to jump to their defenses, other folks. If you don't know my love for these two groups right now and are trying to defend them from me, then you haven't been paying attention. 😉 My take on BAC is much most subtle than simply, I don't like the religious theme, but nobody asked that.

1 hour ago, DrummerParent said:

I was there.  I don’t remember this.  Not calling you a liar- just saying I somehow missed it.

We were down towards the end zone, section 3, in the nose bleed seats row ggg. And both me and my wife turned our heads, caught us both by surprise. Not saying it was intentional, but I love a good conspiracy !! 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Unity Project didn't work for me until Allentown. THAT performance was INCREDIBLE. 

Does a vid of that performance exist?

15 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Interesting, everyone has different sensitivities to this kind of material, but this barely registers on the religious meter to me.  Not challenging anyone else's, a lot of individual experiences factor into how we interpret and consume art, particularly art that is inspired by a religious text.   

Having said that, I interpret the show as leveraging the story and imagery of the source material to field an awesome show.

And may I add, the source material is ripe with interesting stuff to work with. :ninja:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Onionhead2 said:

We were down towards the end zone, section 3, in the nose bleed seats row ggg. And both me and my wife turned our heads, caught us both by surprise. Not saying it was intentional, but I love a good conspiracy !! 

Again, I really recommend you reach out to leadership via social media or email. I'm not connected to them and wasn't there so it would be unhelpful coming from me. That's also not how being a good alum works with us. Not saying you're asking, but the topic isn't dying so I want to say that.

The guard used to make a little noise on "feathers up" but it was not a war cry and "feathers up" isn't a thing without aussies, so I can't speak to whatever this was.

Please no conspiracies. Just nip it in the bud. Better to have contacted them then post here even. I can guarantee SC is not out to ruin the Cadet's marching experience. It was an oversight at worst, and unless you or someone else has some internal connection that is willing to come onto DCP and explain what happened, it's doing no good here to flirt with conspiracy theories.

2 hours ago, gjramsey said:

I don't remember this happening last night either.  However, I was over 100 yards away from where the corps were staging, so it is possible

As Monk would say…. I might be wrong, but I don’t think so….

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Again, I really recommend you reach out to leadership via social media or email. I'm not connected to them and wasn't there so it would be unhelpful coming from me. That's also not how being a good alum works with us. Not saying you're asking, but the topic isn't dying so I want to say that.

The guard used to make a little noise on "feathers up" but it was not a war cry and "feathers up" isn't a thing without aussies, so I can't speak to whatever this was.

Please no conspiracies. Just nip it in the bud. Better to have contacted them then post here even. I can guarantee SC is not out to ruin the Cadet's marching experience. It was an oversight at worst, and unless you or someone else has some internal connection that is willing to come onto DCP and explain what happened, it's doing no good here to flirt with conspiracy theories.

I’m sorry, it was probably an oversight or something. 

• Sad 1