Sunday, July 31st 5:15 PM “NightBEAT: The greatest show on Turf” … Truist Field at Wake Forest University Winston-Salem, NORTH CAROLINA

4 minutes ago, TRacer said:

I do not believe that Dr. Len K (who took over the directorship of SCV following GR’s passing in ‘92) actually marched in the corps, though he did instruct the CG for many years prior by to that. I just know you never saw Dr. L snd singer Mickey Thomas from Starship in the same room. 🤔 

Jeff F. came over from Rosemont after alum Jeff P (whom I marched with) left; did JF march SCV? I thought he was “Cavies only”? 

Dr. Len taught guard at Guardsmen before he went to SCV.  I don’t know where he marched. Jeff F marched Cavaliers and aged out as DM in either 79 or 80.  He’s my age.  We marched at the same time.  Played baritone before he was DM.  I’m pretty sure he started out in Cavalier Cadets. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TRacer said:

I do not believe that Dr. Len K (who took over the directorship of SCV following GR’s passing in ‘92) actually marched in the corps, though he did instruct the CG for many years prior by to that. I just know you never saw Dr. L snd singer Mickey Thomas from Starship in the same room. 🤔 

Jeff F. came over from Rosemont after alum Jeff P (whom I marched with) left; did JF march SCV? I thought he was “Cavies only”? 

Same with that guy who lasted at Santa Clara for a cup of coffee. Some theatre director? 

6 minutes ago, TRacer said:

I do not believe that Dr. Len K (who took over the directorship of SCV following GR’s passing in ‘92) actually marched in the corps, though he did instruct the CG for many years prior to that. I just know you never saw Dr. L snd singer Mickey Thomas from Starship in the same room. 🤔 

Thanks for the correction. ❤️💚

Yes, Dr. L was before my time and had quite a feat to pull off after the corps loss with GR.

I tried to forget JF, so there's that.

Thank you again, not trying to spread false info. Just been a while! 🙂

29 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Subject matter aside, I don't get any religious vibes from this show. I get more of a religious vibe from Finding Nirvana. 

The themes scream it at me, what with the apple, the good v evil w/ angels and temptation, there's even a snake dance for gosh sakes.... but I have bad experiences with Christianity so that makes sense.

Nirvana screams theology too, but I mentioned I have a problem with Christian theology in shows, not others.

It's obviously not holding either corps back so, please no flames for personal preferences. I'm very good about keeping those under wraps most of the time for good reasons........

Edited by scheherazadesghost

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Dr. Len taught guard at Guardsmen before he went to SCV.  I don’t know where he marched. Jeff F marched Cavaliers and aged out as DM in either 79 or 80.  He’s my age.  We marched at the same time.  Played baritone before he was DM.  

That’s right! I now remember the Guardsmen connection between BCH Tim S. and Len when I was there; my brain cell short-circuited. 

• Like 2

Just now, TRacer said:

That’s right! I now remember the Guardsmen connection between BCH Tim S. and Len when I was there; my brain cell short-circuited. 

Yep.  Some people I marched with went with him in 1981.  I certainly didn’t blame them.  It was a good place to go and Guardsmen were definitely headed in the wrong direction. 

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yep.  Some people I marched with went with him in 1981.  I certainly didn’t blame them.  It was a good place to go and Guardsmen were definitely headed in the wrong direction. 

The last of the GM contingent aged out in ‘84; Andy was on the podium and two of their FH gods were in our hornline. Andy was the loudest DM I ever heard next to Rick S. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Agreed. Yes, Milton’s poem is based on a biblical story, but it’s simply literature. It’s far from theology. 

Whatever the case, I ain’t eating the red apple; only the beautiful green Granny Smith for me.  And I’d rather have in the pie form. 🍏🥧😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2