An uneducated fangirl's final predictions

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

BD’s GE dominance this season pretty much assured that 3rd will be very unlikely. I can see Boston making enough of a push for first, but I will stick to the Competitive Inertia Theory and say the final finish will be:

1. BD

2. Boston 

3. Bloo

4. Crown

5. SCV

6. Cadets

probably the outcome.

I'll Play Too... Why not?

1. Blue Devils

2. Crusaders

3. Crown

4. Vanguard

5. Bluecoats

6. Cadets

7. Cavaliers

8. Mandarins

I reserve the right to switch the Mandarins and the Cavaliers, but that's how they are sitting at the moment.

Edited by JohnDF
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

BD’s GE dominance this season pretty much assured that 3rd will be very unlikely. I can see Boston making enough of a push for first, but I will stick to the Competitive Inertia Theory and say the final finish will be:

1. BD

2. Boston 

3. Bloo

4. Crown

5. SCV

6. Cadets

I agree with Cap

I don't know why, but this whole season I've had a gut feeling that Crown's taking first.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnDF said:

I'll Play Too... Why not?

1. Blue Devils

2. Crusaders

3. Crown

4. Vanguard

5. Bluecoats

6. Cadets

7. Cavaliers

8. Mandarins

Nailed it in my opinion.

• Like 2

I want to manifest this into the world. I'm not sure if it will happen, but maybe if I type it, it'll happen! 

Boston Crusaders (probably 2)

Blue Devils (probably 1)

Bluecoats 

Santa Clara Vanguard (probably 5)

Carolina Crown (probably 4)

The Cadets

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FaustianMachine said:

I want to manifest this into the world. I'm not sure if it will happen, but maybe if I type it, it'll happen! 

Boston Crusaders (probably 2)

Blue Devils (probably 1)

Bluecoats 

Santa Clara Vanguard (probably 5)

Carolina Crown (probably 4)

The Cadets

Boston is so cool this year. I adore the trombone suicide bit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kkrepps said:

I'm uneducated in this as well so I'll chime in.  BD in 3rd is a really, really bold prediction...that is a rare occurrence and I don't think it will happen this season, I predict 1st but 2nd at the least.  I'm also pretty sure BAC will medal and I think they will be 2nd.  This top 5 is going to be close though, they're all just so good. 

It happened in 1988. Undefeated all season, and that was the year that DCI decided to not announce scores from prelims and semis (supposedly to create "competitive balance"). Madison smoked "Malaguena" in front of the home crowd at Camp Randall, and BD ended up in third. I had friends in that corps and on that staff. They (the staff) were up in the box for retreat, drinking beers, and when they announced BD in third, they were like, "WTF?!?". 

So, there is precedence. I just don't see it happening this year. BD only has two more performances before Finals, because they will spend the rest of the time cleaning the heck out of the show and putting on the final touches. 

Dear Lord, that '88 Horn Line was amazing... "That Old Black Magic" is still one of my favorite arrangements/performances of all time.

Edited by jsd
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, jsd said:

It happened in 1988. Undefeated all season, and that was the year that DCI decided to not announce scores from prelims and semis (supposedly to create "competitive balance"). Madison smoked "Malaguena" in front of the home crowd at Camp Randall, and BD ended up in third. I had friends in that corps and on that staff. They (the staff) were up in the box for retreat, drinking beers, and when they announced BD in third, they were like, "WTF?!?". 

So, there is precedence. I just don't see it happening this year. BD only has two more performances before Finals, because they will spend the rest of the time cleaning the heck out of the show and putting on the final touches. 

Dear Lord, that '88 Horn Line was amazing... "That Old Black Magic" is still one of my favorite arrangements/performances of all time.

88 was at Arrowhead in KC, not at Camp Randall.

• Like 2