Damm'd COVID!

Granny’s back!

1.  hats are the new radical thing to wear. 

2. BD gonna BD. 

3. don’t ask. Just. Yeah 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Granny Smith said:

Yeah, yeah...I admit that I've been playin' hooky for quite a long time, but don't blame me—my insolent adult children wouldn't let me out of the basement for the past two years—something about a super-germ that was killing all the old people (or so they told me). I was mostly okay with it as long as they kept me supplied with gin. Whatever. So, while it's nice to finally feel the sun on my face, I'm just a tad bit p.o.'ed and in a sour mood.

I realize that the following drum corps questions have likely been discussed ad nauseam on the dcp, but don't forget...I've been locked away. I have many more questions than the following three, but I'm fully aware that long posts get ignored.

1. So...Where did everyone's hats go? Gosh darned Bluecoats come out all bare-headed one year and now every other corps feels like they have to copy this dull trend. Bring back the hats/helmets (I'm looking at you Regiment!). Heck...it's gotta be worth a couple points in general effect. You're welcome!
  2. Are the Blue Devils still winning every. single. blasted year? I mean. There are some seriously nice folks running that corps, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're using a chunk of that bingo money to pay certain people off.
  3. What happened to George? and, did he sign off on those track suits!?

WELCOME BACK!!!!!

• Like 1

Welcome back! You crossed my mind the other week when I was watching your Troopers live. Fantastic show they got this year!

40 minutes ago, Granny Smith said:

Yeah, yeah...I admit that I've been playin' hooky for quite a long time, but don't blame me—my insolent adult children wouldn't let me out of the basement for the past two years—something about a super-germ that was killing all the old people (or so they told me). I was mostly okay with it as long as they kept me supplied with gin. Whatever. So, while it's nice to finally feel the sun on my face, I'm just a tad bit p.o.'ed and in a sour mood.

I realize that the following drum corps questions have likely been discussed ad nauseam on the dcp, but don't forget...I've been locked away. I have many more questions than the following three, but I'm fully aware that long posts get ignored.

1. So...Where did everyone's hats go? Gosh darned Bluecoats come out all bare-headed one year and now every other corps feels like they have to copy this dull trend. Bring back the hats/helmets (I'm looking at you Regiment!). Heck...it's gotta be worth a couple points in general effect. You're welcome!
  2. Are the Blue Devils still winning every. single. blasted year? I mean. There are some seriously nice folks running that corps, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're using a chunk of that bingo money to pay certain people off.

Imagine if there was a time machine and I went back 50 years ago and came back with someone from 1972 and say...this is what drumcorp will be like in 50 years. and for the 100th anniversary in 2072 what will drumcorp look like. Robots? 

Edited by DFA1970

1 hour ago, Granny Smith said:

1. I couldn't be happier with today's uniforming. I always thought members looked silly dancing and prancing with toilet bowls on their heads (sorry Regiment and Bluecoats). In all seriousness, it did look silly. Today's uniforming allows the corps proper the ability to do dance and body movement without looking silly. They also just look more modern and much cooler. Now I do love the old classic uniforms, like Garfield, but this old timer thinks this was such a huge step in the right direction.

2. BD is winning almost every year because they are the best almost every year. No one is buying anyone off. No other corps has figured out how to consistently produce a top-notch program like BD.

3. I'm staying out of this one.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1