Friday, August 5th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Did anyone go to Ham Fam? 

Yup I went to Ham Fam 🙂 

I make it a point to go one of the two nights. Strange it wasn’t completely crowded 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Wait, are there usually 2 music analysis judges? (I hate looking at spreadsheets when I’ve been partaking.)

At regionals, yes. It takes the place of the previous doubling-up of the percussion judges. Typically at regionals you'll have one drum guy and one brass guy on the two analysis sheets, and those are averaged. In this particular case, they were short a judge, so they stuck Jay Webb (who IIRC [someone--probably @Jeff Ream --can correct me if I'm wrong] judges both brass and percussion and is quite competent at both) on that sheet and had the "missing" slot duplicate his score, which then gets averaged anyway.

So basically the music panel functioned the way it does as a non-regional/championships show.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

We agree! I just don’t wanna give the impression that BAC guard totally bombed tonight — they didn’t, these are the good kinda errors, the kind that make you say “that’s never going to happen again” 

saxfreq1128, you don't have too, they did it to themselves, and NOT in a Good way. I'm from Boston, and very untypically the BAC guard, was far from what we Bostonians would call "Wicked" tonight.  With numerous dropped or flubbed, rifle/saber tosses including that devastating GE downer Closing Rifle drop, Flo caught on Close-Up YIKES!  I am still scratching my head on how the judges came up with straight "1"s  REALLY!

In this former Fenway/Kenmore Square resident's opinion, the Crusaders drop in score, could very well be the incentive they need to fight BACk in Indy. 

Count this Boston DrumCorpsRelic, BOSTON STRONG!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I’m gonna need some trigger warnings if we’re gonna keep talking about humidity like this……….… Just makes me sweat merely thinking about it, hate that

Humidity implies H2O, which my grass wishes was a topic of conversation in OK.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

At regionals, yes. It takes the place of the previous doubling-up of the percussion judges. Typically at regionals you'll have one drum guy and one brass guy on the two analysis sheets, and those are averaged. In this particular case, they were short a judge, so they stuck Jay Webb (who IIRC [someone--probably @Jeff Ream --can correct me if I'm wrong] judges both brass and percussion and is quite competent at both) on that sheet and had the "missing" slot duplicate his score, which then gets averaged anyway.

So basically the music panel functioned the way it does as a non-regional/championships show.

Thanks for this. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NakedEye said:

Oh good. Since it hadn't specifically said they were stopping early, that's what I was hoping. The theater used to be a great option, but spending multiple hours in an enclosed space with people screaming approval for the performances wasn't looking too appealing at the moment. 

NakedEye, Brilliantly said.  This is especially true when all the screaming people drown out the #### poor audio feed levels in the theatre near you. Grrrrr! Glad I'll be in Indy.

3 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Who are "we" talking about here?  Maybe I'm desensitized but I didn't notice anything overtly.....sexual?

I don't like shirtless men in Drum Corps.  Is that it?  

I think I know what he's talking about.  It's the BAC male and female solo dancers, mainly around the 50.   Some of the moves where she jumps up on him with her legs spread and when they are side by side, where he was rubbing his hands on the side of her.  Kinda looked like on a pole at a strip club (of course i wouldn't know anything about that personally).   I was wondering if anyone was going to say anything about this.

• Thanks 2

Do they male guard members of BAC oil themselves, or were they just sweating from the humidity?