Friday, August 5th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

A spontaneous and unforced standing O.  Heartfelt and sincere.  I expect to be in tears three night in a row. I don’t care where they place. 

I saw PR's production live early in the season.  I think it's going to be a 'legendary' performance in Indy.  I was tearing up last night on the Flo.  Wife got upset when I started singing the Euph licks.  (Something about my using headphones & talking/singing loud, etc?)  I'm ready to go!      

• Like 4

Just now, keystone3ply said:

I saw PR's production live early in the season.  I think it's going to be a 'legendary' performance in Indy.  I was tearing up last night on the Flo.  Wife got upset when I started singing the Euph licks.  (Something about my using headphones & talking/singing loud, etc?)  I'm ready to go!      

I’m chomping at the bit.  Have I said I’m tired of watching drum corps on tv?

My first in person show since 2019 after seeing at least one show a year since 1968.  That’s not going to happen again. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m chomping at the bit.  Have I said I’m tired of watching drum corps on tv?

My first in person show since 2019 after seeing at least one show a year since 1968.  That’s not going to happen again. 

So thinking about PR, do you think they're planning to wear their traditional helmet @finals? I think that would give them a little emotional 'extra sauce' for championship week. (I know they would have to practice with them.). What if they even 'threw on a black cape'?  🤔  

1 minute ago, keystone3ply said:

So thinking about PR, do you think they're planning to wear their traditional helmet @finals? I think that would give them a little emotional 'extra sauce' for championship week. (I know they would have to practice with them.). What if they even 'threw on a black cape'?  🤔  

I don’t think they’ll do that.  It would be a big change.  Plus, I know I’m in the “boomer” minority here but I always hated hats and I would have loved not having to wear one. I never wear hats to this day. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

always hated hats

Good heavens!! 😲

I just can't believe it.  It's just a constant downward spiral. What's next...?  "Ketchup on hot dogs?" "SKINNY jeans!!?" 😮

Where's your Boomer card??? 😉

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

Good heavens!! 😲

I just can't believe it.  It's just a constant downward spiral. What's next...?  "Ketchup on hot dogs?" "SKINNY jeans!!?" 😮

Where's your Boomer card??? 😉

I only use ketchup on hot dogs, but most prefer mustard?

I guess I have some 'skinny' jeans, but they didn't use to be 'skinny'.  :spitting:

Asked my wife if she could 'let out my jeans' & she gave me the look... 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

A spontaneous and unforced standing O.  Heartfelt and sincere.  I expect to be in tears three night in a row. I don’t care where they place. 

It was. They had people up earlier too. They were on phucking phire last night

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Both BD and Bloo have a very clear understanding of what makes their productions special. 

Absolutely. BD is an example why if I was in charge I would do everything in my power to keep my design and instructional team in place. The last time they really had a design misfire, IMO, was 2006. No one else can say that, not by a long shot.

Love or hate Bluecoats their shows always interest me. A lot of the time I'm like "WTF" - the chairs in Session 44 and all the crap all over the field for the Beatles show, but I'd rather think "WTF is happening" than be bored, and Bluecoats are never boring. Overall, their show this year is my favorite of the year. I just think it is so unique and cool.

• Like 6

So combined my thoughts and the 10 year olds thoughts:

Boston we both thought great but the performance lacked. Recap agrees

BD… they do what they do like or not but they do it #### well. Sadies fave of the night

Bloo… she liked she could see people changing. Live it felt over produced, making me wonder how much of what I heard was actually live or a button. Also the GE music scores amaze me as almost every drum break has talking over it so loud you fight to hear the drums

phatom was on phire!! Like I thought they got mandarins who also had a good run. Sadie called phantom old school. She wanted to know if mandarins singer was a voice from frozen 2.

colts…. Love it!! Definitely a finalist 

BK I was hoping live it would reach me more. It didn’t reach either of us and I had to have that parental talk about why some shows feel like they take longer than they really do

music city so much fun

Academy was wonky fun.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1