Saturday, August 6th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

3 minutes ago, brassboy said:

They're far from the only corps to do that. It gives the corps total control over the timing of the announcement. For some programs, the announcement being mistimed could potentially ruin an intended impact/effect. They might also be attempting to set a particular mood/tone with the voice. 

Ok thanks, that makes sense.  

1 minute ago, 27Socal said:

This judges limited to the 1st 5 yards thing seems to be worse than before.  They are dodging members and props and equipment back and forth to the sideline, while not watching the drumline.   Let them back onto the whole field, where they belong.

this particular judge has a history of inserting himself in guard activity even when he had the whole field to work with.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think BS has the most mature brass arrangement of the year. I feel the writing is definitely trying to speak to you to convey the story. 

Edited by squarepush
  • Like 4

Star set!  Yay!  Love this show.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, wigwam said:

Why do the blue stars use their own announcer…. What’s to be gained by that?   It just seems strange to me. 

anything that prevents someone from talking over that opening solo is fine by me 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, brassboy said:

They didn't used to be though, right? Wasn't their percussion a pretty major strength in the recent past?

Yes. Prior to 2019 they were pretty strong. They started weak at the beginning of '19; but picked up steam really fast. They weren't too bad, last year, for the bridge season. I'm not sure what happened during the offseason leading up to this summer. They've been playing catch up all season long and are still holding the corps back on the sheets.

• Thanks 1