Saturday, August 6th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

2 hours ago, chaddyt said:

I'm pretty sure J. Birney Crum is capable of seeing a few upgrades.  At the very least, seating numbers should be clearly marked on all bleachers, right?  If DCI (hell, *any* event being held there) is asking me to pay money for a specific seat, I expect to be able to know where that seat is located.  Crazy, I know...

No where did I suggest the event needed to be moved.  I simply stated that JBC, in its current no-seat-number-faded-row-marking-1970s-PA-system-state is an embarrassment for a 2-night, world class DCI event.

well the school would need the funds to make upgrades happen. i don't think DCI is going to help foot the bill like they did last time. and i know where my seats were located. i looked at the section letters listed at each entrance, the row number on the steps and the seat number on the seats. made it pretty easy. 

the PA system is an issue for sure. that Barry's voice is so high and reedy doesn't help.

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

personally, I think tradition is overrated. I get the history behind it but if “tradition” is no longer up to par, then it should be tossed out/put out to pasture. No point in sticking to something just for the sake of it. If Brandt Crocker isn’t fit to announce anymore, he shouldn’t announce anymore. If JBC is woefully inadequate for a prominent DCI regional, then a new venue should be found 

between us...it's not like DCI hasn't looked. they have

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

The frustrating thing is that it shouldn't be inadequate.  It doesn't need some massive overhaul.  It just needs some updates and general maintenance.  It's owned by the 4th largest school district in the state, with an almost $400M budget.  I'm sure sees some of the revenue from DCI for hosting Friday and Saturday.  And three HS football teams play there. 

You'll have a hard time convincing me there simply isn't any money to freshen up the place.

if you knew the challenges the ASD is dealing with, yeah they don't have the money. if their athletics department were smart they'd create a campaign to raise funds.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well the school would need the funds to make upgrades happen. i don't think DCI is going to help foot the bill like they did last time. and i know where my seats were located. i looked at the section letters listed at each entrance, the row number on the steps and the seat number on the seats. made it pretty easy. 

the PA system is an issue for sure. that Barry's voice is so high and reedy doesn't help.

I agree Jeff and honestly dci should spend the money to bring in a PA system for the two nights. It is horrible 😒

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

if you knew the challenges the ASD is dealing with, yeah they don't have the money. if their athletics department were smart they'd create a campaign to raise funds.

My only complaint is the hill, and that was never a problem for me until this year. And if they DO have a cart, that will help next year (or i can just get the ###### knee replacement!). Seats are narrow, i am not. So i either buy an end seat and hangover, or buy 2 seats and take as much as i need. 

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

No woodwinds!   😉

8 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

I agree Jeff and honestly dci should spend the money to bring in a PA system for the two nights. It is horrible 😒

no offense, but DCI has far more pressing financial concerns to worry about than the PA system at JBC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

My only complaint is the hill, and that was never a problem for me until this year. And if they DO have a cart, that will help next year (or i can just get the ###### knee replacement!). Seats are narrow, i am not. So i either buy an end seat and hangover, or buy 2 seats and take as much as i need. 

i bought extra seats years ago just in case, and i was skinny then LOL. yeah bleacher seating aint the best. but as stated earlier...the money DCI ( aka the corps) make at JBC is far more than they would make elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

no offense, but DCI has far more pressing financial concerns to worry about than the PA system at JBC.

exactly, the venues they use are probably perfect for their venue rental budget. I only hope they can get a STL show again (we do have a new MLS stadium opening in like 2 months)

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Honestly Jeff  I would do it for free if I still had my pa from when I was a Mobile DJ  .  I am sure if they asked around they could have someone do it for practically nothing.  
Also There are a zillion sponsors…no one can pony up for a major regional ?  

Edited by Triple Forte