Finals... Colts, Troopers or both.

8 hours ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Corpsmen are likely locked into 11th. It'll be a bloodbath between Colts, Blue Knights, and Troopers. Colts and BK need a better show to lock that finals spot. Troopers need about 2 more weeks of cleaning to make finals. It could go in any direction. I'd place Colts in the driver seat, but anything less than their best semi finals run will open the door.

I don't think Crossmen are a lock for anything. They had been trading blows with BK and Colts the past 2 and all of a sudden are 2 pts ahead of both and only 2 pts behind Phantom? I don't believe it. I think Crossmen, BK and Colts are still the main 3 battling for two spots, although maybe with Troopers being healthy again they can have a big surge the final few shows to sneak in there. I would LOVE to see two new corps on Saturday, but I think it'll be Colts and BK in the end. 

• Like 1

I think The Troopers put everyone on notice, last year, with there awesome show. The Magic Mike and Orville uniforms are gone and the classic Troopers are back; but, in a modern way that works. This year's Troopers show has a contemporary Spaghetti Western vibe and sound to it; in addition, how it was designed, developed, and is being performed 100% works! The Troopers deserve to be in finals and I hope they fight all the way to end to earn a finalist spot. 
...Hopefully a CSC employee won't give them any trouble. We don't need any headlocks or bloody noses. :doh::rolleyes:

• Like 2

I think it could be anyone at this point, we’ll have a good idea at prelims but it’s going to take everyone’s best run at semi to stay locked in. 

I just love that this year has such intense competition and lack of certainty going into the Finals weekend.  I'm hoping this leads to more people in the stands at Semis to watch and cheer on this group of corps.

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 1

It’s a shame Troopers didn’t have their first competition until July 8. They’re usually on the road opening weekend. If they had started a week or two earlier, I think talk of them being in finals could have been a lot more like “11th or 12th?” vs. “will they?”

1 minute ago, brassboy said:

It’s a shame Troopers didn’t have their first competition until July 8. They’re usually on the road opening weekend. If they had started a week or two earlier, I think talk of them being in finals could have been a lot more like “11th or 12th?” vs. “will they?”

Dunno about that.  If Covid still hit them when it did, they could be in the same boat.   The late start wasn't the issue as much as not being able to grow and clean while on tour.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Dunno about that.  If Covid still hit them when it did, they could be in the same boat.   The late start wasn't the issue as much as not being able to grow and clean while on tour.

That was my point. They had two fewer weeks on tour than usual this year. They would have had two more weeks of progress by the time COVID hit.

52 minutes ago, brassboy said:

That was my point. They had two fewer weeks on tour than usual this year. They would have had two more weeks of progress by the time COVID hit.

Ok I'm not making my point clear enough then.  Say they started out Mid June on the tour.  Were doing some cleaning and such but awaiting more full panels of judges (i.e. San Antonio).  Then got hit with COVID at the same time (post-SA) when they were to start cleaning and adding things based on feedback.   They'd still be behind the 8-ball because of the timing of WHEN the struggles on the tour hit.  

Now if they'd gotten covid and over it before SA...different game, the extra 2 weeks would have been worth it.  But it seems there's a critical window of development between the feedback you get from judges at San Antonio and then again at Atlanta that is a big part of putting in changes and adjusting the show.

it seems having THAT period be the "sick time" would be decimating to growing and cleaning even if you had more time prior to it.  This was the Cavies struggle with Game On.  They were sick in that window of time and there just wasn't enough time to fix and change things.

Both. I’m stunned Crossmen are that far ahead 

• Like 1