Monday, August 8th “DCI Open Class Championship Prelims” Wildcat Football Stadium at Indiana Wesleyan University Marion, INDIANA

Waiting for some more from this pit to be featured up.  If they're that big they gotta be using them. Ballad intro has some but the soloists are front and center for that. 

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Yeah, I thought I remembered Stars being a little bigger. Still did a nice job, though. 

Everybody’s a little smaller this year, I’d wager. 

ETA: Also very excited to see The Battalion finally at the big show. They’ve been building their program the right way, and they’ve more than earned their trip to prelims/finals. 

Edited by cmchandler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

For those who missed the announced scores before The Battalion entered the field:

Colt Cadets - 67.15

Les Stentors - 68.525

Thanks

1 minute ago, cmchandler said:

Everybody’s a little smaller this year, I’d wager. 

Yup. For much of open class, this is the first year back.  Add to that the size bump in World Class siphoning some talent upward and the nature of Open Class not being as financially placed to pour in recruitment money, it's not unexpected.

I'm just glad to see these corps didn't fold in altogether during the covid break.  

• Like 1

Is Battalion getting staff/members following from some indoor percussion?  I'm impressed with their percussion in general. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Is Battalion getting staff/members following from some indoor percussion?  I'm impressed with their percussion in general. 

their percussion staff is immaculate. the writing for their cymbals is especially notable. i know one of the cymbal players and they literally went from good to great in about 1 month under the direction of Btal's percussion staff. they teach fast and great and it shows this year especially.