Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

Colts seem a little flat?   Not a good weekend for that.  Need to kick it up a notch Friday, to grab that finals spot.

• Like 2

the section starting with the tubas and battery with each section of brass entering all the way up to the end is the best musical section of the night so far for these old ears. reminds me of the way scv can put brass and battery together and make it sound amazing.   

• Like 1

What a great edition of the Colts!

Some super groove, especially with the tasteful electric bass. Great tenor feature! A green field swallows up a corps in grey and cream giving them less visual punch than MS, Troop, or BK, but they gave a much stronger performance then the three before. 

• Like 1

Colts - good visual and musical vehicle for them this year! Loved the musical selections! Had some great visual moments and great staging but I needed more at the end (closer could of been more intense)! But they told a story and executed that until the end! Bravo!  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lance said:

First time seeing the whole show from the Colts this year.  They clearly have outstanding field visual staff and with uniforms that make everyting but their legs virtually disappear from up high, that's a good thing.  They don't have as big of an ensemble sound as BK, but I think they have a lot more musicality in terms of everything else...phrasing, articulation, tone, dynamics.  Can't get my attention off the battery. 

Drum line is fantastic!!!

• Like 1

I love the atmosphere of this Colts show. Obviously the drumline is cooking and the visual is fantastic. I'm only hearing over speakers but I feel like this would be placing higher if the horn line could put out some more volume. Great great stuff

• Like 2