Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

14 minutes ago, Xmen89 said:

Horn mics, like with Crossmen, sounded rough, so guessing this is a theater broadcast issue.

Nope, it's rough watching at home as well, though not nearly as bad as Xmen's issues.  I'm not a sound engineer so don't know why. 

6 minutes ago, Quad Aces said:

Does anyone know what happened to the Phantom member that was being helped off the field at the end of the show?  Was it a bass drummer?  Twisted ankle?

Great show Phantom (and great comeback from 2019)!!

1st bass drummer. I hope they can tape it up for the next couple of nights. That is a tough hole to have to march. 😕

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

They were handing out acid right outside the doors to enhance the Bluecoats show. Not really sure when I should take it though

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Auditions to do and decisions to make! 😉

Being part of Gold would give him more experience but yeah, I can imagine Gold is gonna see a lot of their kids lured into World Class.  Staff will be whispering to those kids, "You should audition with us..." all weekend.

He's probably made a bunch of friends who'll be auditioning too and that may factor in. 

But yeah, you're a great dad for just letting him find his way in this!

Thanks brother! Much appreciated!

At Lucas Oil. Wow have I missed live late season drum corps. The sound…..! And the freedom to let my eyes go where the action takes them instead of where Flo directs them. Everyone has a sharpness and energy that did not come across on Flo. 

I would say Troop is going to make a strong run at Finals, but BK showed up with maybe just enough of that BK magic, and Colts and Crossmen both have really strong and clean musical and visual shows. Impossible choice. 

PR was thrilling and magnificent. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Ok, I'm good.

The Aytollah from the kitchen: Honey, you OK? I thought I heard your knee pop.

Me: Yeah, I'm fine. Phantom just finished and I'm a little wobbly.

Ayatollah: I understand. 

I understand.  I have more snap crackle & pops than a box of Rice Crispies

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Phillygwm said:

Nope, it's rough watching at home as well, though not nearly as bad as Xmen's issues.  I'm not a sound engineer so don't know why. 

I think Flo has a bad mike in the mix out on the field.

I can hear it at home on my system.  Something is breaking up on the loud passages.

I hope they find it and replace it for tomorrows show.

13 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Lol, there’s just no question that Phantom’s musical design is what drum corps should be. Like not even worth debating at this point. It’s a travesty the judges aren’t rewarding this. 

It reminds me of Madison in the 90's.  Always the crowd favorite, never got fully rewarded for it.  There may be better horn lines, or drum lines, or guards...but Phantom gives the crowd all the feels.  

Too bad they don't have the Spirit of Disney award anymore.  The crowd favorite deserves to be recognized, even if it isn't reflected in their score.

• Like 3