Could this be another 1995?

In 1995, Blue Devils went into finals week undefeated and seen by many as the undisputed favorite to win a back to back championship.  They had a great show, and even though some corps had gotten close, no one had topped them all season. Their show, Carpe Noctem, had all the makings of a champion, but in the end, Cavaliers and Cadets passed them in Buffalo to take the gold and silver, respectively, leaving BD with the bronze.

Could that happen this year?  I don't see why not... It would certainly make things interesting this weekend!

Edited by Reed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion. 🤣

• Haha 3

Nope. I would argue both Cavaliers and Cadets had better shows than BD in 1995. This year, no one has a better show from a design perspective.

Bluecoats, Boston, Crown and Vanguard are all going to help BD win by a larger margin. Why? Because BD is going to be 1st in most ordinals, with maybe a couple 2nds and 3rds thrown in. The other four will have mainly 2nds, 3rds, 4ths and 5ths in the ordinals. 

I expect BD to win easily all three nights.

Hope I'm wrong - hope they get 5th haha - but not going to happen.

8 minutes ago, Reed said:

In 1995, Blue Devils went into finals week undefeated and seen by many as the undisputed favorite to win a back to back championship.  They had a great show, and even though some corps had gotten close, no one had topped them all season. Their show, Carpe Noctem, had all the makings of a champion, but in the end, Cavaliers and Cadets passed them in Buffalo to take the gold and silver, respectively, leaving BD with the bronze.

Could that happen this year?  I don't see why not... It would certainly make things interesting this weekend!

This was the first year I had ever heard of drum corps. I went back and watched a lot of those videos when I joined Surf in 1997, and realized while BD MAY have been the favorite to win, their finals show was not performed very well. Kinda reminds me of 2000 (lol). 

This year, I can't really see that happening. Their show is near perfect. 

I've been wrong 324 times before so you can take what I say with a grain of salt. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 4

I'm so glad that the Blue Devils have put a powerful show on the field and I believe they will win. However, I do think there are a handful of shows this year that are more alluring than their's. 

I'm always a sucker for shows that may be a little less precise and raw but engage my emotions.

#BAC

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I would say the Blue Devils issue was that they peaked in 1995. I saw that show a few weeks earlier on tour and they were playing lights out. But...like 1995, 2022 has 4 shows that all have the potential to win on the last night.

• Like 1

I never underestimate Blue Devils but I am loving Boston Crusaders chances this year and believe they have momentum and a huge fan base both old and new that could motivate them into giving us a memorable three days. Plus, I want to see BAC win. 

I’m not counting out Bloo or Crown to be a challenge either. In the past Bloo has surged at the end of the season and Crown’s show has a lot to offer.